Chapter 4

Kagome was the only one still awake when Inuyasha came back to the campsite but she didn't look at him. Instead she looked at the little fox demon in her lap and lightly ran her fingers through his hair. "You should be asleep Kagome." Inuyasha said. "I'm not tired." She turned to look at him and added "I need to go home soon. Do you mind?"

 Inuyasha balled his hands into fists. "Why do you need to go home?" "Because I miss my family and I want to see my friends. That a problem?” she asked. "Damnit Kagome you can’t keep running away like this! Hell yeah I mind. You just came back two weeks ago. What do you need to go back for?!"

At that Kagome got angry and stood up forgetting Shippou was in her lap. "I told you what I wanted to go back for! So what it's just been two weeks!! I miss my family and my bed and my bath tub and I know I sound bratty but damnit I deserve some happiness!" Hearing Kagome blow up like this at him for the first time made Inuyasha take a step back on Kirra's tail. Kirra hissed and bit at Inuyashas heel wakening Sango and Miroku.

 Shippou was rubbing his head from the fall but he didn't miss a word Kagome had said. Hearing her say "Damnit" made it seem like he was dreaming but he found he was wide awake when he felt the bump on his head. "Ow" he winced. Kagome turned to him and picked him up. "I'm sorry Shippou. I was angry with a certain hanyo we all know."

 She glared at Inuyasha then looked at Sango. "Can I borrow Kirra? I need to make a trip home for a few days." Songo nodded and Kirra transformed. Kagome put Shippou on the ground gently and hoped on Kirra's back. Before Inuyasha could say anything Kagome and Kirra were on their way to The Bone Eaters Well.

 Shippou looked up at Inuyasha rubbing his head and saying "Big idiot." Inuyasha of course ignored him thinking to himself if he should go after her.