Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up and yawned.

"(Y/n)!" My 10 year old sister, Bianca, came running into my room.
"Hey!" I gave her a hug. How did she manage to wake up so early in the mornings? Some mysteries that I'd never find out.
"Come on, get up already. Today's the first day of the week!" she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.
"The first day of the week is always bad."
"To me it isn't."

I smiled at her. She was always so cheerful. I went to the bathroom to change into my uniform. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair before going outside. I went downstairs and got my bag with my stuff inside. I took a piece of toast.

"Here's your lunch, have fun at school." My mum kissed me goodbye.
"Bye everyone."

I put my lunch in my bag and walked to school. As I was walking, I saw Jamie - my sister's friend - talking to thin air. What's with that? He made eye contact with me and ran over to see me. But before he did, I saw him wave at someone.

"Hey (Y/n)."
"Hi, if you don't mind me asking, who were you talking to?"
"Oh um no one at all."
"I swear you were talking to someone, don't lie to me. If you don't tell me what's going on, I'll tell Bianca that you like her."
"Shhh, I told you not tell her...or anyone."
"Then tell me what's going on."
"Okay okay, fine. I was talking to..."
"Come on, if not, I'll call her right now."
"Jack Frost."
"Who?" He grinned cheekily.
"You heard me."
"You believe in them?"
"Yeah, who wouldn't?"
"I wouldn't, I'm too old for that stuff." We arrived at school.
"See ya later, Jamie."
"Bye."

He ran off to his class. I went to my locker and dumped my bag inside. I grabbed my books before closing my locker. Someone banged on my locker. I jumped.

"Have you got what I asked for?" Grace asked. She was one of the popular girls at school.
"No, I don't see why I should do your homework for you. It only means that you're not smart enough." Her face went red in anger.
"How dare you talk to me like that! I'm gonna tell Brandon what you did to me and he'll get you in trouble for sure." Brandon was the principal's son.
"*sigh* Fine."

She faked a smile. I quickly copied down all my answers for her. She grabbed her book and walked away. The bell rang. I went to my homeroom. Even though we didn't do any work in homeroom, it was really boring. I sat there playing games on my phone.

"(Y/n), put your phone away please."
"But sir-"
"Put it away."
"Yes sir."

I stuffed it in my pocket. I sat here doodling in my book until it was time to go to my first class, English. I sat in my usual seat, at the back next to the window. Someone flicked a note at me. I opened it. It read:
How's life living in 'nerd world'?
I glared at them. The only reason they did this to me was because I was better than them...well, according to them anyway.

I admit that I was smarter than them but in looks, not really. The teacher told us to answer the questions based on chapter five of the novel we were reading. I tried to focus on my work but it wasn't so easy when they kept throwing rubbish at me.

"Can you please stop?!" Everyone stared at me.
"(Y/n) (L/n), detention after school."
"Yes ma'am." They stifled their laughs.

~Lunch~

I sat at a table in the corner by myself. It was always like this. Sometimes my sister and her friends would come and sit with me but today, I was a loner. Surprisingly, Jamie came and sat next to me.

"Aren't you supposed to be sitting with your friends?"
"You looked lonely so I thought I would come and sit with you."
"Thanks but you really don't have to."
"I want to and besides, I have something to talk to you about."
"What is it?"
"Have you ever believed in one of them?"
"No."
"Ever in your life?"
"No." He almost choked on his food.
"Why not?"
"It's a long story."
"Tell me anyway."

I told him everything, about how the popular girls would, most of the time, steal my gifts during Christmas. I told him how I could never find any Easter eggs and how I rarely had fun dreams. I also told him how the 'tooth fairy' never came and that my parents pretended to be her.

"What about the snow days?"
"I don't know, I stay inside most of the time. I mean, I never get cold but I just stay inside. There's not much to do."
"Not much to do?! You could go sledding or ice skating or skiing or snowboarding! We could have a snowball fight!" I smiled.
"Am I not too old for a snowball fight?" He shook his head.
"No one's too old for a snowball fight." I laughed. The bell rang.
"See ya after school, (Y/n)."
"Actually, I can't. I have detention." He frowned.
"Is it those girls again?" I nodded.
"Good luck."
"Thanks."

He ran off. I went to my next class, which was maths. The teacher used his monotone voice to explain our maths topics. I would usually like maths but this teacher was just too...boring. I think people were beginning to fall asleep. *yawn*

~Detention~

(A/N): To be continued...