Chapter Nine

Peeta's POV Two Month's Later

                        "Oh Peeta don't you just love this shade of pink and blue?" I turn to see Effie glowing with happiness holding banners for the baby shower. "Effie, they're awesome but I don't think Katniss wants anything super big, shes been so tired lately." Just as I say that Katniss comes in from sitting outside as the snow fell.

                                         She's wrapped up in her fathers jacket, a sweater, and a scarf with her nose red. She looks up to see Effie and the decorations. She just smiles and walks upstairs. "So Peeta, Gale hasn't been bothering you lately huh?" She says and I shake my head slowly with a sigh.

                             "No, but I think Katniss is having flashbacks to the abuse more often." "That's terrible, to be tormented with those terrible memories. Is she doing okay?" I shake my head. "Has nightmares almost every night, and the pregnancy isn't helping her one bit." Effie puts one of her gloved hands on my cheeks and smiles.

                                         "When the baby is born, she will be filled with a happiness only a new mother can obtain." I smile and nod. Then a howl of wind goes by our house and Effie looks outside. "A blizzard is coming tonight so keep yourself warm and keep Katniss comfortable and warm. I'll be back tomorrow." She kisses my cheek and walks over to the stairs.

                                 "Goodnight Katniss! I'll be back tomorrow!" "Bye Effie!" She says and then Effie walks out. We don't know if its a boy or girl so Effie put pink and blue into the baby shower. I walk upstairs and find Katniss walking to the stairs. "Katniss, you need to lay down. The doctor said you can go into labor any day now." 

                                    She sighs and lays a hand on her very large abdomen. "Peeta... Whenever I wake up and look down I remember that any day now I'll be a mother. And thats the only thing I-I'm afriad of." I look into her grey eyes and brush her tears away.

                                 "You're going to be okay Katniss."  I kiss her lips gently and she wraps her arms around my neck. When I break away I look at her. "Now, let's go to bed." I help her into bed and cover her up, kissing her nose and then lay down next to her.

                                       After sleeping through the howling of the blizzard I hear a yelp come from the restroom.  I turn over and open my eyes. I see Katniss holding her belly with sweat sliding down her grimace. "Please calm down baby." She whispers and rubs her belly softly. Then she screams, getting me all the way up and running to the restroom.

                                 Right when I get to her I hear a splash. I look down at the floor and see pink water. Her pants are soaked and we both look at each other. Tears roll down her cheeks and I lay her down on the bed. "It's going to be okay Katniss, I'm going to call Haymitch, Effie, your mom, Annie and Johanna." "C-call Annie first, she knows more about child birth."

                              Katniss pants and I nod. I rush downstairs and call Annie who is in District Four. "Hello?" She asks in a tired voice. "Annie, Katniss's water just broke! I need you in twelve right now!" "Peeta its three a.m. do you think she can wait for me to get there?" "PEETA I NEED YOU NOW!!!!!" Katniss screams and I grip the phone.

                              "Annie, please try to get on a train, the contractions are getting worse, she needs you." "Okay Peeta." She hangs up and I contact Haymitch. "What boy?" He says in a mumble. "Katniss is in labor, get your ass over here Haymitch."

                                    "Fine... But I get some liquor from the stash." "What stash?" "The one Katniss has for me." I hang up and glare upstairs... I'll talk to her about the stash later. I call Effie and tell her and she says she's on her way. I call her mother but she doesn't answer.

                                  She keeps screaming for me so I run upstairs as she groans at the pain. Haymitch opens the door to the bedroom and sees Katniss and her sweaty face. "Uh, should I leave-" "STAY!!!!" Katniss screams, squeezing my hand until its purple.

                          He raises his hands and sits down on a chair with some liquor. After a few moments Effie comes in and has warm towels, cool water with a cloth. "This is going to help her with the contractions until Annie gets here, she should be here in thirty minutes."

                            Katniss's eyes are rolling in the back of her head and we're not even to pushing. Annie bursts in with Johanna and her son. Johanna looks at Katniss and giggles shaking her head. "That's what you get for having a good time with bread boy."

                       She says patting her bulge. Katniss grabs her shirt collar and brings her face close to hers. "Mason, I will kill you, here and now." She says through clenched teeth. Johanna nods and Annie checks her. "Katniss, you're ready to push." And that's when my living hell begins.

                        Katniss's POV

                                                  I push again screaming and gripping Peeta's hand. "Okay Katniss, breathe the baby is crowning, just one more push anf you'll be a new mommy!" I nod and push hard screaming. Then I feel a releif and my head falls onto my pillow and Peeta kisses my lips.

                 "You did it Katniss, we have a baby girl." I look up to see Annie holding a baby girl that is screaming and Peeta cuts the cord. I'm scared, worried, sick to my stomach... What if I am a horrible mother? What if? Then Annie sets her in my arms and all my worries wash away when I look at her beautiful face. "What do you wanna name her sweetheart?" I look up at Haymitch and take in a breath.

                                                    You will Have to figure out on the next post! I will be finishing this soon but more books are on their way guys! So Comment and vote! Luv ya all

                                                                                                     Maddie Homoelle