Chapter 3 : Heaven and Hell ~ Hollow's Eve Part 1

dedicated to

Ellygances

 for her support for my book ...plzz keep on supporting me xx

Chapter 3 – Heaven and Hell ~ Hollow’s Eve Part 1

Ellis ~

Our house was buzzing with news reporters since this morning. Around 9 in the morning dad had phoned up the National Lottery executives claiming to have won. After they had sent someone over to confirm the win we were completely blow away by the frantic arrivals of the media. I don’t know even know how they had got the news. The National Lottery people had yet to announce it. Rosalind suspects it must be one of the neighbours who leaked it to the media for some petty cash.

As soon as the National Lottery people had left Rosalind had shut the door and locked it. “Damn media,” she huffed. “How the hell did they manage to get here so quickly? Do they not have anything useful to do? I’m not ready yet damn it.”

Letting out a laugh I said, “It’s their job. They get paid to harass people.”

She glanced out the window real quickly before drawing the curtains down. “Hmm...Guess we’re stuck here for a while. Ah, well,” she smiled walking towards the sofa. “I don’t care anymore. I’m going to be a rich, spoilt brat now.”

“That won’t be hard since you were it already before. Except for the rich part.”

Scoffing she snarled, “Your nickname is wasted on you. Angel, my ass.”

“Hey guys,” greeted mum as she rushed into the living room trying to find her office files and her briefcase.  “I’m late for work Ellis. Can you be a doll and do the washing up please?”

“Sure mum,” I replied back to her feeling sorry. She looked a mess. Her blonde hair messily flattened down with panicking fingers and autumn brown eyes glazed with tiredness and annoyance. Her clothes half tidy and her feet bare. Her stupid idiot of a boss, the ‘incapable buffoon’ as my mother called him had ringed her earlier this morning around 5 to tell her that she had to re do some presentation file as he had ‘lost’ the previous one.  She had been working on the file for hours now and managed to finish it. The conference was at 11 and it usually took her about an hour to work. It was 9:30 now so she’d probably just floor it to her office building violating every traffic laws if possible.  

“Damn prick,” she muttered causing me and Rosalind to giggle.

Just as dad came down all ready for work the ring of the phone startled us. Dad being the closest to it answered it but quickly diverted the phone away as a loud booming voice shouted, “MRS.MOORE! WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU? TIME IS MONEY MRS.MOORE. MONEY!!! PLEASE WILL YOU HURRY WITH YOUR MAKE UP AND HAIR SO THAT WE CAN GET ON WITH THE PRESENTATION! MR.S MOORE!! I KNOW THAT YOU’RE THERE!!

Shocked I looked at mum for her response. Rosalind arched an eyebrow and mimicked and airplane crashing down and exploding. This so called boss of mum’s, whoever he was was an idiot. We watched as she serenely walked over to where dad was and took the phone from him. Sighing with a deadly calm voice she said, “Listen here you oversized buffoon. I QUIT. No amount of money is worth ENDURING YOUR STUPIDNESS YOU ASSHOLE. SHUT UP. You listen to me you plonker. The only reason your company is doing so well is cause of me in the first place. You think it’s all your hard work. NO, IT’S NOT!  You are nothing more than an arrogant air head with a big fat head and a belly to match. AND GO TURN ON BBC RIGHT NOW. I’LL SHOW YOU MY WORTH!!”

With that she slammed the phone down and stomped over to the door. Opening it she confronted the reporters who rushed around to her. “NOW LISTEN TO ME JAMES HILLS I, CAROLINE JANE MOORE QUIT AS YOUR SECRETARY. THAT’S RIGHT, YOU HEAR THAT ‘PRESIDENT OF FASTTRACKS’. DO YOU KNOW WHY? YOU KNOW WHY? CAUSE I’M A FREAKING MILLIONAIRE THAT’S WHY. SO GET THAT POLE THAT’S UP YOUR ASS OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN WHY DON’T YOU. YOUR COMPANY WILL SINK WITHOUT ME. GOOD LUCK ASSHOLE”.