Chapter One

- There were so many people I wanted to dedicate this to, but the next few chapters will be dedicated to those guys instead. Hope you enjoy part one of this short story. thank you. 

Chapter One

Red smudges of liquid spluttered across the kitchen counter in dots at midnight when the residents of the household were long into their dreams. The liquid: low in viscosity, however thickens through time remained on the counter overnight. The source: unknown. The cause: unknown. Yet it was nothing of the imagination.

It’s a wonder how Bianca McKay didn’t as much as flinch at the sight of the substance when she entered the kitchen to make tea for herself and her husband. As her droopy eyes landed on the red substance she nothing but groaned at the mess. With a sigh and a huff she grabbed a dish cloth and scrubbed the counter spotless. It’s a shame her senses are at their lowest performance in the morning otherwise she’d be able to smell the stench of decay the little droplets gave off, but the dish cloth absorbed every inch of the scent , before she threw it in the bin. Any sign of this unexplainable substance and its smell was gone. 

Bianca put the kettle on and stood by the stove, waiting for the water to boil. As she leaned against the counter, forcing all her weight into it, two muscular hands snaked around her waist and pulled her into the body of whom the hands belonged to. She couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear as she pulled her head back, allowing the plump lips of her holder to kiss away the tension in her body as they touched the side of her neck.

“Joe,” she whispered, the smile remained on her face, yet she closed her eyes to enjoy the moment. She turned in his arms, facing the handsome creature she was lucky to have married. The expression on her face instantly changed as she thought she saw a trickle of blood drip, in a line, from his forehead, down the side of his right eye and along his meaty cheek to his defined jaw infested with stubble.

“Bianca, what is it?” Joe’s voice portrayed panic as he watched the beautiful smiling face of his wife turn into one of horror. He rubbed the small of her back in the hope that it was comforting. Her honey coloured eyes sparkled up at him as she took one too many blinks. He raised one thick, black eye brow towards her as she traced a straight line down the right side of his face, slowly and delicately, with her soft index finger. He’s always loved the gentle feel of her hands.

“Oh nothing.” She used the same index finger to tap the side of his lip. She didn’t want her husband of three months thinking she was insane. She thought she saw a trail of blood, yet with a few blinks there was nothing of the sort on his face. She leaned forward, planting a kiss on those delicious lips of his before forcing herself out of his grip.

Joe took a seat by the table, being careful with the suit he wore. It was a new one, gifted by his wife a couple of day ago but once he looked over the front of his blazer, taking it out of the creases it created as he sat down he thought he saw a dark stain of red. He touched the area, however found it to be stainless and in the maculate condition it was bought in. The suit was a perfect fit on him and he much admired it; with a black shirt, grey blazer and grey trousers worn with a black, slim belt they couldn’t have been more perfect – just like his wife: perfect. Bianca had specially picked out a grey tie with specks of blue to accompany the suit, which was of the exact same colours of his eyes.

Next, he watched every movement of his wife with a smile. The way she moved was just elegant, the way she handled the objects was just so gentle and the way she looked was something that caused him to stare; her brown, wavy hair with blonde highlights moved from side to side as she slid across the room, her skin glistened a golden colour and stood out more with the short white dressing gown she wore and her bare legs were long and sexy, stunning him to the point he could not think. All too soon, the tea was made and she handed him a cup of tea before taking a seat on the chair next to him.

“Remember that Charlotte and Chris will be coming over so don’t be late from work,” Bianca reminded Joe as they drank their tea. Once they had drunk their tea, Joe kissed Bianca’s lips and made his way out of the front door. They both ignored the bells that played at the back of their minds, after all, they’ve had a week to get used to the same chanting bells they hear as they leave or enter the house – by now forgetting it was all in their heads. Little did they know the bells were a warning.

_________________

A/N - PLEASE READ: Thank you reading the story. It's an idea that popped into my head and so i decided to write it straight away, seeing how things would flow. I'm not sure if it's any good and i feel I put a lot of unnecessary information into it. 

If you do comment, please:

1) Let me know what you think

2) if you also think that the story is going a little too slow

3) Let me know of any improvements

and finally 4) If you have ideas of what you want the next chapter to contain...

that would be very helpful and i would be very thankful, as i'm not sure sure about the story.