fear of death

As if by a spell, Tomoe stopped being by Nanami's side all the time, He left most of his duties to me.. At least many of them and now, 'summer break' is coming near. i do not know what humans need a break for in the summer but all the human children seem to enjoy this idea..

I did not ask but it seems that Nanami is sad about something Tomoe had done.. And now, I am left to do all this work once again.. Even as i sat next to her, She ignored me even when the pink haired girl, Ami, Asked about going to the beach during the summer. " Nanami, Eat or you will fall ill. " I ordered as she sniffed and started to eat a little, more like pick at her food.  Then a menacing aura came up behind me. " Indeed.. You hardly ate any breakfast this morning and now you refuse to eat your lunch.. what is the meaning of this Nanami.." Tomoe growled..  He then proceeded to try to force her to eat, yet, He does not.. His hand stops just before touching her skin.. Like magic, he clams down and walks away. Nanami, watched him walk away with a dream like look in her eyes.

" I'm here for you Nanami!! SO lets go to the beach to cheer you up!" Ami cheers as Nanami looks at her confused. I stiffened.. " Ok.. maybe i will go.." Nanami sort of decided but i growled under my breath..  Saturday... WE will be going to hell

I sulked in the room as Nanami packed her bags.. " Is Nanami here?" A familiar voice spoke as i looked up my claws out.. I jumped and went to attack.. I lunged but was stopped by a flying Kotetsu knocking down the snake. Tomoe and Nanami were arguing and thing were flying everywhere..  I've already been hit multiply times with the thing they throw.

Nanami began to cry.. ' The ocean is full of hot headed demons.. And no one will be able to protect you while in the water.. Your only 2 familiars cant go into the water..  " He growled while explaining. I growled as well. " Then want me to come with you to the beach?" The snake asked from the floor. I growled loudly..

WE ended up going to the ocean, with the snake as Nanami's body guard. I sat at the water's edge.. Not daring to touch the water. Even if, Tomoe's spell hides me from any who wish to harm me, The water will recognize me..it will take me directly to the lord..

I slowly stripped off my clothing as the sun hit my skin.. The 'bathing suit ' i wore is a dark forest green with a shiny fabric making scale like plates on the fabric.. I started to walk away from the group and towards the rocks . I watched as Nanami and Ami played in the water.

Tomoe and the snake laid under the umbrella like 2 stones. Nanami seemed to notice and stared at them.. then ran back into the water.

I walked back under the umbrella.. " Girls these days walk around so shamelessly. Wearing next to nothing.. Even you Umio-san.." He winked at me but his eyes turned cold.. " At this rate, even human males will turn into demons. .. " He paused for a moment.. " I didn't think you would actually come Tomoe.. I know why you cant go in the water.. I hate your guts. but i'll be nice and keep it a secret from Nanami. " I stiffened.. Wondering if he knew about me too.  But he suddenly turned cheerful.. " NANAMI!! Mind if i join?!!!" He yelled scaring me..

I watched him strip himself of his shirt and Nanami came running up to us holding up a shell. She spoke to Tomoe. " Come on Nanami.. Tomoe says he hates the water. " He nodded.. but i grabbed the snake's arm before he could follow her back into the water.. I put my arms around his shoulders from behind and brought my lips close to his ear.. His body temperature rose. I could feel it.. " Protect Nanami for me.. " I whispered before letting go and walking away again towards the rocks. I could feel his gaze as i walked away.

I watched them from the rocks where the water cant reach me at all. I panicked at i felt a gust of wind push me.. and saw Ami fall under water.. I stood up and searched for her.. My eyes, can see underwater as if it were Air.. I saw her drowning.. " NANAMI!!!" screamed in a panic.. I ran as fast as i could to the shore and searched and searched.. Nanami dove down over and over again ..and i broke.. My master is suffering.. With that thought in mind.. I ran into the water.. And like a cloak, The water covered me.. The last thing i heard.. Was Tomoe yelling at me not to do it..

I swam faster than any animal of the see. My The water made a path for me and i saw Ami floating.. In the middle of the water.. I reached for her.. " Ami.. It's time to get back.. Everyone is worried about you.. " I whispered to her..

Slowly, I walked out of the water.. Carrying Ami in my arms.. Tomoe behind me soaked.. Tomoe.. Came and pushed me as far from the shore as he could.. Before starting to yell at me.. " ARE You STUPID!! THE WATER!!! HE FOUND YOU...HE"LL KILL YOU!" Tomoe growled as tears came to my eyes in anger.. " How dare you tell me what to do.. I wanted to protect you.. I let myself be found so that i could save Nanami from anymore suffering.. I let myself be found so that you can stay by her side and not get captured by my lord.. I let my self be found because she need you..  I'm just a substitute to her for you.. I did it for you 2 two who gave me a home and you let it go to waste.. Now Nanami will be alone!!!!" I screamed as loud as i could as thunder roared above without any clouds in sight.." Umio.. What are you talking about?" Nanami asked as i smiled sadly to her.. " I wont be able to be your Familiar anymore.." I whispered but i froze in fear..

Fear of death.. fear of him.. " Yes thank you Tomoe.. I found you.. And my dear.. dear Umio..  Thank you for coming to the ocean and bringing Umio-chan with you.  I've finally found you both.. " I screamed as everything burned.. A chain of fire burned my neck as he yanked me to his side.. I screamed as he grabbed my hair.. Yanking me to the floor by his feet.. " Yes.. Thank you for bringing her to me.. I can finally kill her.. for murdering my uncles betrothal "

Tomoe, Nanami, and Mizuki stood there shocked.. I panted as i barley sat on  my knees. " I've been waiting all this time for you to play in water Tomoe.. " Nanami asked who he was. " I am the great face of  the dragon king.. Ruler of the Seas.. nephew of the previous ruler of the sea, " I could see the slight conflicted eyes of Tomoe.. " How dare you speak to my master.. " I growl weakly as he grips my hair.. I scream out as the chain tightens.

" I've got to collect a debt from an old friends and serve justice by making this half mutt pay with her life. " A giant clam came to the surface of the water. " I don't know what you talking about..." The clam grabbed Tomoe and swallowed him.. I growled but the chain kept me from transforming.. I screamed as he laughed.. Nanami yelled at him.. " Who is this girl.." The dragon king asked as i growled loudly.. " DONT TOUCH HER!!!!" With my last bit of strength i sent a spell towards her.. A protection spell.. Nothing of the see can harm her..  I felt us returning to the ocean but i can still feel her presence..  She will drown.. but the king goes back towards her.. And i cry.. I cry for the safety of my master.. my lady.. .

I lay in the small dungeon with chains on my wrist and ankles. " Uncle.. I brought you the half breed. " With this,  This half breed with pay for killing lady Inami.. " I Growled.. This kind is being lied to by the lord.. by his uncle.. I tried to speak.. to at least get my word into it.. by the chains shocked me.. the lord grinned at me.. " Yes.. She will be avenged.. "

Fire burned my skin.. and my lungs drowned over and over again.. I struggled to breath.. My body completely soaked in water.. And now.. He held an electric eel in front of my face. I don't want to die..

I screamed.....

Tomoe POV

I jolted awake hearing a scream.. Over and over again. she screamed.. I can hear her.. as a fellow Familiar.. I can hear her pain.. Umio.. She needs help..

I struggle to break free of the clam's grasp.. Busting open the shell.. I stand up straight.. " Good grief. " I sighed as the dragon king slammed open the doors of the hall. " It has been a long time hasn't it dragon king. You have some nerve showing yourself to my lady Nanami and taking my fellow Familiar Umio.. I can not conduct any bloody business in front of her but right now, she isn't here is she? Since i took the liberty of changing venue." I grinned as my fox fire formed in my hands. I'm coming ofr you Umio.. I'll save you..

And she screamed again..