Eternal Candy

For a school assignment, we had to all write scary short stories, and some turned out well. Some didn't. We'll be uploading as many stories as we can, starting with this one (Lucy's).

ENJOY!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lana licked her sticky, candy-coated fingers and stared greedily at her ample pile of Halloween candy. "Hmm...I want... FUZZY PEACHES!" She picked up a small orange package of Fuzzy Peaches and poured the entire package into her mouth. She sucked on them a bit and then gobbled them up.

"Are you still eating those candies?" shouted Lana's mother from downstairs. "Don't eat all of them in one day. It's bad for you! All your teeth will have to be pulled out, and I know how much you hate going to the dentist."

"Mommy..." Lana whined loudly; dentists always had shiny white perfect teeth that creeped her out. "I LIKE THE CANDY AND I WANNA EAT IT, SO DEAL WITH IT."

"Lana..."

"Please don't take away my candy." She popped another chocolate into her mouth.

Her father then appeared in the doorway.

"I'm warning you, if you keep eating that candy, evil clowns will come to haunt you at night, and we are just going to let them try to eat you because they like candy-loving little girls."

She sighed, not heeding the warning, and pointed to her baby goldfish. "Dad, the clowns aren't going to haunt me. Not if Baby Berry is here."

He looked at her for a moment and then sighed. "Your mother and I have to step outside for a while, so we're leaving Uncle McLean and Auntie Tinsley in charge. Now stop eating that candy at once." He turned and left.

With a roll of her eyes, Lana began to chew a piece of licorice.

Just when she thought she'd be left alone, she heard the front door open. Two thumping pairs of footsteps approached her room.

"LANA DAHLING!" It was Auntie Tinsley. She too creeped Lana out.

Uncle McLean poked his disapproving face through the door. "It's only a day past Halloween and you're already halfway through your candy? You don't want this to be your last Halloween with us now, do you?"

Lana exhaled loudly, promptly stood up, dusted the crumbs off her skirt and slammed the door in Uncle McLean's face.

Later that night, Lana was feeling very hyper. This feeling isn't very safe sometimes, especially for a five-year-old girl with an overactive imagination who has recently been told a few strange yet believable stories before bedtime. She was going to brush her teeth, but then noticed that something strange had appeared in the fish tank with Baby Berry. She tiptoed over to the tank and peered inside with a frown.

Staring back was was a miniature clown with puffy green hair and a body shaped like a piece of wrapped candy. Delighted, Lana reached out to tickle it.

Grinning from ear to ear, the clown grabbed her finger.

Lana giggled.

But then it grew larger, and its grin wider. Within seconds it had pulled itself out of the tank and, to Lana's horror, pressed its freaky face up to hers.

Lana screamed. She scrambled under her bed covers, squeezed her eyes shut and prayed it was only her imagination. After a moment she dared to open an eye.