Part one.

I wanna sleep next you
but that's all I wanna do right now
And I wanna come home to you
But home is just a room full of my safest sounds
So come over now and talk me down...

"Come on Jude, pick up pick up pick UP!" Connor said frantically, tears streaming down his face. He called one more time.
"Hello?"
"Jude" Connor said, his voice breaking.
"Where are you, I'll come get you."
"Please Jude." he said, breaking down. "I'm at the corner of 91st and National."
"Don't move."

A mini cooper pulled up on the side of the road. Connor looked up and stumbled to the door, opening it and falling in. "Connor what happened?" Jude said, concern evident in his voice.
"My dad, he-" Connor said, turning his head, voice breaking again.
"He did this?" Jude asked, looking in his eyes and touching his cheek. Wincing, Connor went mute, but he didn't have to say anything. Putting the car in drive, Jude sped down the road and got onto the highway. "We're gonna do something about this. This has gone on long enough Connor."
"No Jude please-"
"Enough." Jude said forcefully. He got off on the exit and drove towards his house. They both got out and Connor went towards the entrance, running up to Jude's room and shutting the door. Jude pulled out his phone. "Momma, I need your help." he said, starting to cry. "What's up my love?" said Stef.
"It's Connor--his dad, he-"
"Say no more. I'm coming."
Jude hung up the phone and walked inside. "Connor?" he called out.

"This is a mistake." Connor thought to himself. "I shouldn't be here."
"Connor?" Jude called again.
"I have to go. I can't be here."
"Where are you?"
The window slid open.
Jude checked the bathroom, then Brandon's room, then Mariana's. Nothing.
Connor grabbed a tree branch and hoisted himself on to it, climbing down.
Jude finally opened the door to his room, a breeze flowing in. He ran to the window and stared down below. "Oh no."

Stef slammed her car closed and ran to the door. "JUDE!" she yelled out.
"CONNOR LEFT!" Jude yelled, running down the stairs to Stef, collapsing in her arms. "What?" Stef asked. "What do you mean he left?"
"He left! I came home with him, he got into the house, I called you, then I couldn't find him."
"Are you sure he isn't in the bathroom or something?" Stef asked.
"HE LEFT! I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE HE IS. WE HAVE TO FIND HIM MOMMA WE HAVE TO PLEASE!" Jude shouted, pleading. Stef's expression changed immediately, and she motioned for him to follow her to the car.

Connor walked down the street past empty houses and people eating food in diners. Tears flowed freely.
"Was it because of that kid who was following you around like a puppy? That--that gay boy?" Grab.
"Did you go see him again? Is that what you did?" Punch.
"I will NOT have a gay son." Kick.
"WHERE WERE YOU TONIGHT? HUH? ANSWER ME!" Shove.
By this time Connor was running. Things kept flashing through his mind, an endless stream of memories that didn't want to stop coming.
"Oh honey, you know your Father. He'll warm up to him eventually." Click.
"He's a good man, I'm sure he didn't do that!" Huff.
"Are you talking to HIM again???" Tug.
"Don't talk back to me young man!" Hit.
"Stop talking. Just stop." Kick.
"You WHORE." Shove.

"WE HAVE TO FIND HIM MOMMA WE HAVE TO" Jude yelled.
"We will love, we will." Stef said, speeding down the road and looking left and right. She pulled out her walkie talkie and radioed over to the station. Jude kept crying and searching the road for any sign of Connor.

Connor kept running, unsure of where he was going but not bothering to stop.
"I saw your little boyfriend today." Sneer.
"STAY AWAY FROM HIM, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" Push.
"Stop making up stories about your father, Connor. It's not nice." Click.
"They just aren't normal Connor. Don't you want to be normal?"
"I'm sure he's just stressed honey." Sigh.
"YOU. WILL. BE. NORMAL." Bash. Bash. Bash. Bash.

Stef turned right. They kept driving.

Connor continued to run. He made it into the park.

There were trees in front of them. "What about if we check here?" Stef asked, turning her head towards Jude. He nodded wordlessly and clutched the door handle.

"I can't keep looking at you. Go to your room." Push.
"You disgust me." Slap.
"Honey I can't believe you right now! Why do you keep bad-mouthing him?" Groan.
He couldn't stop running. The trees were whisking past him and everywhere he looked there was an endless sea of green leaves and blue sky.

Jude looked out the front window. He spotted something.
"There momma!" he pointed. Stef drove until she met dirt and then she stopped the car. They scrambled out. "CONNOR!" Jude yelled.
"CONNOR IT'S OKAY WE'RE HERE TO HELP." Stef yelled. They started to run after him. "WE JUST WANT TO HELP YOU." Jude continued to yell. They continued to run. There was a cliff up ahead. "CONNOR STOP!"

"I want you to LEAVE if you're going to be like this!" Punch.
"Stop lying, Connor." Click.
"If you feel this way then you're not my son anymore." Punch.
He jumped.