Part 7

After laying in the field for awhile I decided to get up. The pain was intense let me tell you. I carefully walked back to the parking lot. There was only a few cars left and one was Lena. “OH MY GOD!,” she shouts as she runs over to me, “What happened?” she says. I don't say a word, I push past her and get in the car. She gets in without another word and drives me home. It was time to face my parents. I thanks Lena for the ride and slowly walked into the house. It was quit so far. “Court---” my mom stopped mid sentence when she looked at me, “What happened?” she said freaking out. She sets lizze down and comes over to me looking over my body. I push her back, “Just don't touch me,” I snap. I see hurt flash across her face and I break down in tears and hug her. She rubs my back, “Oh babe, go up stairs and take a shower, ill go to the store and get some ice packs and first aid stuff,” She says watching as I go up the stairs. When I get to my room I get a text from Lena.

Hey, are you going to tell me what the fuck happened? -Lena

I didn't even reply I just threw my phone on my bed and went to my bathroom. I stripped down and examined the bruises on my stomach, legs, and arms, my face was pretty bad to. I slowly slipped into the hot shower and relaxed.

About an hour later my mom walks back in the room carrying two bags from the store. I lay down on my bed slowly because every movement hurts. “Alright, here's some ice for your face,” she hands it to me and I hold it to my cheek. “One for your stomach,” she carefully sets it on my exposed stomach (I am wearing a crop top just to let you know). After the ice she cleans up some of my cuts and my split lip. “Oh baby, how'd this happen?” she asked packing the stuff away. “Just a stupid fight, doesn't matter anyways,” I say. She kisses my head, “If you need anything call me, I have to go back into work. Dad should be home soon, I called him,” She say leaving the room. Great, she called dad. I sigh and decided to text Lena back:

Why does it even matter? -Courtney

Um, because you look like a damn train hit you -Lena

Well, it's a long story -Courtney

It was Stacy wasn't it? Stupid blonde bitch im going to kick her ass -Lena

Lena, think rationally here. That will only make things worse, I am handling it -Courtney

Yeah you're handling it, you got ganged up on, that's not okay -Lena

Well it's what ever -Courtney

You need to make up with Austin, he can protect you -Lena

No! -Courtney

And with that I shut off my phone for the night,

Later I went down to the kitchen to find some food. “How you feeling?” I hear my dad say. I look up from the fridge and see him. When he sees me his face turns to anger. He walks over and holds my head in his hands and turns it looking over my face, “Did you at least get a good shot in?” he joked. Leave it to my dad to lighten the mood. I laugh a little, “Not really. Kind of hard when theirs about five on one,” I say hugging him. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head, “Where were the boys to help you?” he asked. I pulled away and looked down, “Well, Austin and I kinda are not talking at the moment,” I whisper. His mouth drops, “What? You guys never have a fight. What happened?” he asked while sitting in a chair. I shrug, “I was dumb and didn't listen to him and it ended bad,” I said. He looked at me, “What exactly did you do?” he said in a serious tone. I was debating on telling him or not but the doorbell rang just in time. “I got it,” I shout walking to the door. I opened it, “Court---” He stopped when he looked up, “What the hell happened?” he said. I cross my arms, “Why do you care? Go home Austin,” I say going to close the door but he holds it open, “Wait, can we just talk?” he says. I look at him, he looks so sad and lost. I sigh, “Fine,” I walk out and carefully lower myself on the step and he sits next to me. “Look, maybe I over reacted a little, but only because I care about you. Alex only invited you for that reason. I knew he would that's why the boys and I keep you away from those parties, because basically every guy at our school wants to bang you,” he says straight out. My mouth drops in shock, “Me? Are you sure?” I say in disbelief. He nods, “Trust me, you got the looks, the brains, the talent, everything. It takes a lot for the boys and me to keep them in place... I mean we dont want to see you get hurt Courtney,” he says looking at me. I look at him then hug him. When he hugs back I almost yell in pain. He lets go fast, “Sorry,” he says getting up carefully pulling me to my feet. He lifts me up bridal style and brings me up to my room.

The next day I wake up and feel an arm around my waist. At first I panic until I see it is only Austin. I find myself relaxing into him. Why do I feel this way around him? He is my best friend, I can't like him, can I? Oh boy, this is bad. It could ruin our friendship or worse. “Over thinking can damage your brain you know,” He says in a sleepy voice with his eyes still closed. I smile, “How do you always know when I am over thinking?” I asked moving hair out of his face. He opens his eyes, “I've known you your whole life, I am just that good babe,” he teases. I hit his chest playfully and sit up forgetting the bruise on my stomach. “Ouch!” I shout. Austin shots up, “Take it easy shorty,” he says getting up and pulling me to my feet. I look at the clock and see it is 11am, “OH shit we are so late for school,” I yell running to my closet. I hear Austin laughing and I look out with a glare. “You're dad called in for the both of us, told me to watch you for the day,” he says laying back on the bed. I sigh and walk over in front of him so I am between his legs with my arms crossed, “I don't need a babysitter,” I say in a serious voice trying not to laugh. He sits up and looks up at me with his brilliant blue eyes and brown hair and smiles, “You're just in denial for being away from me for so long when we were fighting,” he says pulling me closer. I look down at him, “Yeah that's it,” I say. His eyes lock with mine and we stare at each other for a couple minutes. Before I knew what was happening he pulls me down so my lips meet his. It takes a second for me to realize what is happening and I start moving my lips in sync with his. He pulls away first and leans his head on mine, “You have no idea how long I have been wanting to do that,” he says with his eyes closed.