Chapter 4: plans

Ash POV

I was laughing at Tyler's fan stories when the bell rung. Tyler sighed and got up. I smiled innocently up at him and he put his hand out to help me up and for some reason, time stopped. out that small gesture everything seemed perfect between us. I reached my hand up to his and he pulled me up. I smiled and thanked him.

"I-I'm gonna go introduce myself to some teachers," he smiled and nodded.

"We should really hang out sometime. Are you free this weekend?" What?! Already?! Shoot he probably thinks of me as a tomboy friend to hang with. But even though he does I would embarass myself and make things worse.

I started to slowly walk backward in a hurry to get going "Um..sure how about.." but before I could finish my lame excuse for a casual response a door from my blind side opened and hit my back, sending me to the ground. I didn't even want to get up, that's how terrified I was to see his face after pulling that stunt. My face was flaming red and I could tell he was trying really hard not to laugh becuase if he did, I would never want to be seen again and evaporate into air. He ran up to me helping me up smiling. He gave me a tiny slip of paper.

"Here, text me later" he said barely laughing. I took it from his hand quickly glanced at it, then shoved it in my pocket.

"Awesome... we should definitely plan something." I said smiling at the ground standing about half a foot away from him.

"Yeah." he replied as I looked up. Our faces so close I could feel his cool breath on my nose and smell his comforting cologne. We stared deeply into each other's eyes.

I had a strange urge to kiss him but being the awkward girl I am I decided even a hug would be too much. I took a step back and straightened my arm toward him for a handshake. He shook it looking confused but amused. "Nice talking to you, Ill see you around. Have fun!" Oh. my. god. ash. how. humiliating. can. u. be. I mean a handshake!? What was I thinking. I was about to pull out of this humiliating trap and leave when he pulled me into a hug, whispering in my ear,

"Thank you"

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"Everybody have a nice weekend!" my enthusiastic science teacher yelled as the final bell rung. Everyone rushed to the door out into the hallway. I pulled my phone out and entered Tyler's number to compose a text. Slowly, I left the room making sure the hallway was not as loud, trying to avoid as many people as possible.

To tPose:

"Hey, it's Ash. Hope you had a good first day!"

From tPose: "hey Ash, I did! Anyway....are you free tomorrow? I was wondering maybe if you could help me with math?... I had trouble understanding Mrs. Davis. I was too distracted by the feathers in her hair. :/"

Oh my gosh.... I can't believe he actually wants to even be with me! Don't mess this up Ash!

To tPose: "I totally understand, just wait till you see her flashing glasses! ;) How about noon my place (address)"

From tPose: "Awesome! Sounds like a plan...tutor ;)!"

I grabbed my board and my bag and left already excited for tomorrow.