9. Big fat foolish nonsense

~ SO. MANY. NEW. READERS. I absolutely LOVE you guys!! Thanks so much to my readers and my fans! any way...here is a new chapter. The story is going by so fast! I am working on at least 2 new stories, but I like to prewrite, so they may take a while to start. Sorry. Intro to long. ;) HERE IT IS ~

  “I am so sick of this!” Maddi shouted, suddenly. “ Evil Ashley this, Evil Ashley that! I usually love scary movies and all that, but this is just, just big fat foolish nonsense! Okay, so there are some things that have happened to us that I can’t explain other than it was Ashley, and probably no one can; but I think if we stay here overnight at least, Ashley will figure out we’re not afraid of her!”

   This outburst was followed buy a series of no way!’s and are you crazy!?’s. “Come on guys, only overnight! Do you really want to drive all the way back?” Maddi reasoned.

  Everyone sighed. Miles and Maddi supported Cay and brought her inside while Cal and Isacc supported El. When they were all comfortable on the over-stuffed furniture inside the living room, they started to talk. Ashley was almost forgotten. But the thought of what she had done and what she may do still lingered in the back of their minds.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~

   They had talked until 6, stopping to make dinner. After, they  took a short swim, but none of them, especially El and Cay, could look at the cottage across the narrow lake. When they were all dry and changed, they sat down to play a game of Say Anything. Eventually, around 11:30, they decided it was time to make bed arrangements.

  “Alright, there are 5 beds, one queen sized, one double, one single, and one bunk bed.” Cal started. “That means 2 people to each bed, and one girl gets the single. 2 girls to one bed, 2 boys to the other, and...crap.” she realized, as did the others, a boy and girl would have to share the bunk beds.

  “Why don’t we vote on who sleeps in the bunk beds? I vote out because I’m single, and I don’t want any of the other girls to be mad because I’m sharing a bunk bed with their boyfriend.” El stated reasonably. “I vote Cay and Miles.” Maddi stated. She explained with a shrug. “They’ve been dating the longest.” “Same.” Rutter agreed. “Cay and Miles.” Isacc nodded. “Ya, I guess, Cay and Miles.” Cal shrugged. Cay sighed. “I guess we don’t get a say in this.”

  With that put aside, the rest of the arrangements were put in place. Cal and Maddi slept in the queen and El in the single, since those beds were in the same room, and Rutter and Isacc in the double. with that, they went to their rooms to get ready to change.

  Cay actually put her stuff in the girl’s room and got ready there, while Miles did the same except in the boy’s room. When they were all ready, they came out and said goodnight. Then, they all went to their rooms and got in to bed.

  “I have a really uneasy feeling about this.” Cay whispered to Miles. “What? Why is this that big an issue? I mean, It’s a bunk bed, we can’t even see each other, I’m sure our Mom’s will be fine with...”Miles was cut short by Cay, who hastily whispered: “No! About Ashley! Being so close to her old cottage is giving me the creeps! I can’t stop thinking about it!” “Oh...ya... it is kind of creepy, but I’m sure we’ll be fine. She seems to have quieted down it the last couple of weeks, ever since El’s comma.” Miles quietly replied. “Ya... I guess.” Cay said.

  She still had an uneasy felling, almost stronger now. Even though her body was begging for mercy, she couldn’t sleep. In a few minutes she heard Miles breathing pattern change, and knew he was asleep.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~

   El, Maddi and Cal had just gotten in bed and turned off the lights.

 “Are you guys worried, to?” El whispered. “No, it’ll be fine. The worst Ashley has done was throw a rock.” Maddi reassured. “Ya, and gave me a coma!” El mumbled. “I’m kind of worried to. What if she’s saving up her worst for later, or even tonight?” Cal fretted. El gave a small whimper.

  “Ugh, Cal! I doubt it; and now, thanks to you, El is even more scared!” Maddi’s voice had risen as she spoke. “Shh, Maddi! I’m sorry, I shouldn’t of said that, but if you keep talking that loud, you’ll wake everyone up!” Cal scoffed.

  After that, they all fell in silence, and although El was the most worried, she still fell asleep after a few minutes.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~

  In the first few minutes of lying in darkness, Rutter fell asleep, but Isacc lay awake, wondering about Ashley. Finally, Isacc could take it no longer. He shook Rutter’s shoulder. “Wha...It’s still dark, dude! I wanna sleep...” Rutter complained groggily. “Wait! Aren’t you even a little worried about Ashley?” Isacc questioned quietly. “Nah...Maddi’s right. We need to show her we’re not afraid of  her. Can I sleep now?” Rutter mumbled. “Ya...I guess.” Isacc whispered back. Even thought he was worried about Ashley, he fell asleep soon after Rutter.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~

  Cay was still awake when she heard the familiar 12 tongs, symbolizing that the clock had stricken 12 o’clock. She sighed and tried to keep her eyes closed for more than 10 seconds, but she couldn’t.

  She lifted herself up and peered over the banister. She relaxed a little when she saw Miles, sleeping peacefully. For some reason, she couldn’t stop worrying about him; and she should’ve been worrying, because of what was about to happen next.

  Maybe she was worrying because she new Ashley too well.

  Suddenly, she saw a light glowing from the end of the hall. She thought that it was just one of her friends going to the washroom or getting a drink, until it started to get closer. It got so close, in fact, that it looked as if it was right around the corner of the bedroom.

  A glowing orb slowly floated around the corner. Cay tried to move and shout out to Miles to move, but she was paralyzed. Not with fear, but literally paralyzed. When the orb had floated right beside Miles head, it started to grow longer and wider until it was in the form of a young girl. The young girl raised her hand above miles hand and muttered something under her breath. She looked up at Cay, gave her a smirk, and said: “You should’ve listened when I said not to tell, Cay.”

  And with that, the young girl and Miles disappeared. Suddenly, Cay felt extremely sleepy and in a second all she saw was blackness. Who, was this young girl that took Miles away; You ask? Please. You should know but now. It was Ashley.

~ Suspense!! guess what will happen next...~