When Taylor Met an Angel (6)

Recap:

'Jason rambled as he slid himself next to me. I was too numb to move. "I'm sorry Angel. I just really need to know..." He swiftly turned my face to his with a nudge of his hand, and pressed his lips to mine. '

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

My lips seemed to move on their own as they responded to his and kissed him back. My head was screaming: 'This is Jason remember? Heartbreaker and MARRIED man!?' but my body wanted this, had been waiting for this since August. My torso turned towards him. My hands grabbed for his hair, running fingers through it. And my lips moved with his, deepening the kiss. He moaned, whispering "God I've missed this" against my lips. I'd missed it too. He broke the intense kiss and started trailing up my jaw line, huskily saying, "Liz can't make me feel the way you do."

I froze.

Liz. His wife.

I pushed away from him. "You're married!!"

"So?"

"I think this would be considered, oh I don't know, cheating!"

"But I don't love her."

"It doesn't matter! The Jason I met would never do anything that would hurt a...never mind. I forgot THAT Jason was the one that hurt me when he up and left for no reason."

"But I didn't want to. It was either break things off and get married or go live in England with my dad." Jason justified.

"And you chose to get married?!"

"At least I'd have a chance to see you and maybe be with you again." He reached for my hands but I pulled them away from him.

"God Jason do you even hear what you are saying?! You are committed to some other girl now. We can't ever be together!"

"No, we'll work this out. I'll get a divorce eventually and we can run away and..."

"I won't let you do that to her. I mean, she loves you doesn't she?"

"No!...Maybe...I don't know! But it doesn't matter!" he retaliated.

"Listen to me Jason-You are going to stay with your wife, and have a family, and..."

"Angel, you love me and I love you. So we should be together right? It's not fair to either of us if-"

I cut him off before he could finish. "I don't love you Jason! I don't even like you...I hate you!" I knew he needed to stay with his wife, but it still hurt to push him away like this.

"But, the kiss,..." his voice cracked.

"...was nothing. I've moved on Jase. I wish I could ask if we could go back to being friends, but I know that's not possible anymore."I admitted.

He stared at me in a mixture of disappointment, frustration, and anger.

"Now go home to your wife." I ordered.

He clenched his teeth and stood.

"You'll regret this Angel." he threatened.

"I doubt it." I responded smoothly.

He turned and left without a second glance.

I sat stiffly on the couch for a while, holding back tears, before going back to my room. I grabbed the cordless phone and lay down amongst the plentiful pillows on my bed. I punched in the numbers.

After three rings she answered, "Hello? Angel?" she sounded worried.

"Yeah mom it's me."

I heard a sigh before she replied, "Oh hey Honey! Are you okay? Where are you? Are you alone?"