Chapter 14: Engagement Party

On the day of Teddy and Victoire's engagement party, I went over to Godric's Hollow to get ready with Lily and Jenny. It wasn't too fancy of an occasion, but we were all getting a little more dressed up than usual, and it was fun for us to have something to get ready for together.

Jenny packed herself a few dresses and dress robes from her trunk, for us to wear. The one she wanted me to wear was a light green short-sleeved dress. She also brought with her a whole bag full of muggle makeup supplies.

I knew a little bit about makeup, but I was raised mostly in the wizarding world, so Jenny knew much better than I did, how to use it. She even wanted to put it on Lily and me.

"Not too much though," I told her before she got to use the little black brush on my eyelashes. "I don't want to look like a clown."

She smirked. "Don't worry Rose, I know what I'm doing."

After we were all dressed, the three of us flooed to the Burrow. We didn't wait for the others because we would see them soon enough, also because we wanted to help set up.

Aside from grandma and grandpa, Victoire and her whole family, plus Teddy were already there., Aunt Fleur's parents were there too.

"Hey, you guys!" Teddy was the first to see us, also the most excited, and practically jumped to give each of us a hug. He was dressed in a baby blue button-down shirt that matched his hair and pants, an outfit that I am sure Victoire picked out for him. "You here to help?"

"Yeah, we are," I said, feeling Teddy's contagious excitement. "I thought more of us would be here by now?"

He shrugged and looked towards Grandma Molly's clock. "We have a couple of hours. We need a few more people to set the tents up, but for now, I guess you can help with food."

We followed Teddy into the kitchen, where there lied dishes on top of dishes of food. I saw about a dozen large dishes with pasta in them, some more with chicken, there was also the steak and salads, loads and loads of food, yet this isn't even the fullest I've seen the kitchen.

"Zank goodnees!" Aunt Fleur said when she saw us. She had her hands full with two containers of the pasta, her hair was tied up into a bun on top of her head, and she still had her long socks on. It looked like she was working her arse off, yet she was wearing a blue dress, which was still intact.

I went straight towards her to take one of the dishes she was holding. "Let me get that for you."

"Zank you Roze, I'm zo glad you girlz are here." She sighed. I followed her with the dish, leaving Lily and Jenny in the kitchen with Teddy. Aunt Fleur was bringing the food outside, where the party was going to be held, under tents with walls to keep heat in. As of now, there was only one tent set up, and poorly.

The rest of the area that the tents were supposed to be set up, was covered in snow and I was wondering why no one did anything about it. Soon after we had been there, Al, James, and Scorpius arrived and we had enough people to help us out with the tent. I was lucky that I brought my robes, being that it was so cold out while we had to stand here, lifting up the tent and all.

All the guests showed up right on time, at around four o'clock. Victoire had changed into her pink and flowery dress so she and Teddy could greet all the guests.

I shared a table with the boys and Lily and Jenny when it was time for dinner. Though we did enjoy spending time together, I tried to make my way around to most tables and speak with everyone. Lily was reluctant at first, but I got her to go with me.

In the middle of the tents was a small space for dancing, where lots of Teddy and Vic's friends were having a good time.

"I wanna dance," Jenny said. I was still eating, but she was finished, and sitting there waiting for the rest of us, but she looked mostly at Al.