Chapter 2

Sinzai

I stared into the face of a woman who was full of crap. Everything she was saying had me so hot I wanted to snap. Composing myself I nodded my head as she continued to talk.

"So you're saying I have the credentials, education, and personality that you're looking for in a fellow associate but I lack the experience part. That's the only thing keeping you from hiring me?" I queried.

"Yes Ms. Posey. I hope this doesn't discourage you. We're just looking for someone with a little more experience." She responded.

"How can I possibly gain that experience when no one wants to hire me due to the lack of experience I have?"

"I-I..well that's a great question but I don't have the answer. I'm so sorry." She sighed.

Standing up I adjusted my blouse and smiled. "It was nice meeting with you. I actually am glad for this experience although it was a waste of my morning. The sad part is you would've had someone who has a lot to bring to the table. Someone smart and business oriented. Someone who could make even the most intelligent person question their knowledge. Have a nice day ma'am." I turned and walked out keeping my positive attitude. My father always told me to make people regret overlooking my capabilities. I should never give someone a reason to feel sorry for me, nor should I ask for handouts.

I had one more interview to attend but by now I was feeling hopeless. Here I was at the age of twenty two with three degrees and two certificates, yet nothing to show of. I was highly knowledgeable in my chosen field of study but I couldn't seem to get my foot in the door.

Sitting in my car I contemplated on wasting my time or heading home. Putting my car in drive I pulled off and stopped at a red light.

Beeeeeep!

The car behind me broke me from my depressing thoughts. I put my foot on the gas only to realize the light was red and hitting the back of the person in front of me. Screw me, I cried.

Today was not my best day at all. I couldn't possibly afford to be sued. What is wrong with me?, I thought.

Getting out I looked at the damage which made the tears come in full effect. I was definitely screwed now.

"You okay ma'am?"

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention and the person behind me beeped their horn and I just assumed..I'm so so sorry." I sighed.

"I would say don't worry about it but my boss would be the one to determine that." The driver pointed his head towards a tall slender man. The way he was dressed confirmed my fear.

"How the hell-"

"Mr. Black remain calm please. The authorities are on the way. Should I take some photos?" The driver asked.

Black stared at me with narrowed eyes. He pinched the bridge of his nose and inhaled deeply before exhaling.

"Of all things to go wrong." He huffed.

"I'll get you my insurance information. I'm so sorry I-"

"Should've been looking at what you was doing!" He scoffed angrily.

A cop car pulled up and stepped out eyeing the damages. Shaking his head he walked over to where Black stood and the conversed. After a few smiles I realized that the two knew each other.

The cop came over to me with a change in demeanor.

"So you two can exchange insurance information but first I have to ask. Are you under the influence of any substance ma'am?"