Chapter 16

"You're so silly," I giggle.

"You should smile more. You have the cutest dimples," Ian says. Ian decided it was a good idea to climb a tree to get a flower for me. He slipped twice before handing me the flower and sitting down. He had taken me to a small garden in one of the villages since I had seen the garden at the palace in my dreams. Solarians have just ignored us so, it has been quiet.

"That was so unnecessary." I put the flower down and face him on the bench.

"Maybe. I've got something for you." He pulls out two necklaces. The smaller one is silver and the bigger one is gold. They both have an infinity pendant. "I think this will remind us that we are together forever." He puts the smaller one on my neck and puts the bigger one on his own.

"I got you a present too." I pull out a silver key and hand it to him. "This is a metaphorical key."

"To what?"

"To my mind. You want to know me better. This key will allow you to open up my mind and ask anything you want. Only you have this." I look down at and then twists it. "I don't have any questions for you now but, thank you."

The solar eclipse had ended and everything is back to normal in the sky. Luna must be sad to leave Sol so quickly. I wonder how I would feel if I could only see the love of my life for a few minutes every once in a while. I can't even imagine the emotions I would feel.

"What would you do if you could only see me for a few minutes every once in a while?" I ask Ian.

He looks at me with a questioning look and then looks at the sky. "I wouldn't know what to do. I don't know how Sol does it. How would you handle it."

"I think I would be like Luna. I would try to see you as long and as much as possible." It's hard to believe how I was ready to marry someone I didn't love. I would've been unhappy for the rest of my life. Then this quest came along and I get to know him. He ends up falling for me and me liking him. When I start having dreams, I start seeing I could lead my own path into a new vision. I guess my feelings escalated when I found out he was working for his father or maybe when we sat down and just talked to each other when I was in that cell. The thought of his betrayal hurt me more than what it should've if I didn't like him. We stay silent for a long time. We seem not to have anything to really say to each other after we got married.

"What are you thinking?" he asks.

"I'm thinking about how silent we always are now that we're married. I also believe that that line should be our line."

"I guess we have nothing to talk about and that can be our line."

"Why do think we don't have anything to say?"

"I guess because we talked about everything yesterday night. Can you think of anything we didn't talk about?"

"I didn't tell you about my recent dreams." I told him about his journal and the peace treaty.

"That sounds nice."

"Do you have a journal?"

"Yes, I do."

"Can I read it?" I ask with big eyes.

"Maybe." I then smile.

"Okay, yes," he says reluctantly. "Your dimples are too cute. I don't know how I'm going to win arguments with you."

I wrap my arm around his shoulders. "Your right. Just deal with it."

We head back to the palace when night falls. Even at this hour, the Solarians are out and about. Most don't notice us, busy with their work. Lights fill each house so, no one is walking in complete darkness.