ch. 1 screw your absolute

Can you hear it? That lucid yet absolute silence. Like, nothing is moving, nothing echoes of the walls, buzzes in your ears, or just genuinely annoys you. Eyes closed you just exist and that's okay. It almost feels like maybe you're lingering somewhere you don't belong but that's okay too. You just exist and there's nothing wrong with that. "Mr. Silere? Would you like to join us in the world of the living?" dammit. That's my teacher with the abrupt, overly formal and stuck up hint in her voice. Her voice, what a perfect way to end this less than charming monologue. She's no doubt wishing that the last name silere was attacted to my "charming" straight A brother's first. Instead, she has the substandard, second-rate emo kid. She pronounced "Mr. Silere if you continue to ignore me and lounge around like you own those desks you may come home to a less than pleasant email." In such a matter-of-fact manner that I almost chuckled. I opened my eyes to see my first period ceiling. I took my ancient, two-years-old, black boots of the desk in front of me while simultaneously pulling my hands from behind my head. "Here." I said with a sigh. If my bro found an email like that the very first day of my junior year he'd drill me so hard about proper etiquette I'd most defiantly tear my ears off. Big guy in the sky give me strength will ya? She finished roll and looked around the class again when our gaze meant. She noticeably shuttered, and I turned to look out the window. I'd like to think that it was my beautiful personality making a lively appearance in my eyes but I'd rather not flatter myself at the moment. In truth, her eyes meant my.... Eye. I have degenerative anophthalmia. To put it short and sweet I was born with two sockets and one eye. Apparently, my eye just stopped growing at the end of my birth cycle. I have a stapled black eye patch, basically an eye patch without a slash but instead two staples on each side... you get the idea. It unsettles people... like my mom, would-be friends, and you know everyone else but, I've always had my brother. It's caused whispers... even now "that's Sam's brother?" "What's with his eye? Does He think he's an anime character?" actually the anime character thing made me giggle like a girl under my breath. That seemed to be enough to make my teacher whip around like pissing me off is her job description. "Is something funny Mr. Silere?" at this point I'm done I look to the kid beside me and say "what time do we get out of this class?" he looked around like me acknowledging him was equivalent to god confirming he exists. Or maybe it was the other way around... Fuck it I'm just going to flatter myself. He looked like the brunette who's always going on about how normal he and his life is in every teen movie. "10:40" he said after coming to terms with the fact that I was talking to him. I see the bit- I mean respectable, civil servant getting flustered in my peripheral as I turns towards the clock. 9:40 I won't make it. I get up and start heading towards the door when I hear my teacher speak up. "MR. SILERE SIT DOWN!" "Gotta use the can." I'm a junior, I'm not really sure why she's surprised, well maybe because it is the first freaking day, whatever. "I'll be back in a second." maybe, possibly, well she can hope... Nah I'm not coming back.As I reached for the door I realized I don't even know this chick's name. I looked at the kid to my right, which happens to be the location of my good, eye or like only one, whatever. Future reference and what not. who's been sitting next to the door and ask "hey what's her name again?" after acknowledging that I was actually talking to him like the last freaking kid he finally exclaims "Miss Hooper" "yea, miss Hooper I'll be back." She sighed and I took that as my permission slip. As I walked out with a little smile on my lips and I immediately regretted it. Walking down the hall with a hall pass and a cheeky smile was none other than my brother Sam. Seriously, who's luck is this bad? I turn to see if I can maybe escape by moving behind the closes corridor but it was at least two meters away in each direction. SERIOUSLY WHO'S LUCK IS THIS BAD??? My brother can literally tell me by my fucking silhouette! I decided I'm just going to mission impossible this shit and as I settle into a position to move as swiftly as possible I hear "don't even little brother." "Fuck."