Everythings Not What It Seems

Hey guys I'm updating and continuing this story. I'm changing a few things so if you remember this story, its still my story I'm just making it a little older.

Preface

I remember someone telling me the meaning of love, but for me love was something I read in a book or saw in a movie. It wasn't real at least not for me. I'm realizing now just what love is. Funny how this is what I'm thinking about, while I'm sitting here on the cold stone dungeon floor, while I'm waiting for the decision of my fate.

chapter 1

"Hey, Vi, what are you doing tonight?"My best friend Taylor asked me.

"I don't know watch TV or finish Mrs. Hooper's math assignment what about you?"

"Well I'm throwing a party tomorrow night and since we have the weekend to do our homework ... I expect you to be here at nine at the latest." Just as she said that her mom came to tell us that she was leaving to go to work. Taylors' mom is doctor and is hardly home so I'm used to being at Taylors' house with her parents not there. We went down the hall to the kitchen to get something to eat. On the way we passed five doors one was Taylors, the others three were her brothers Cody, Kayleb, and James' rooms. There was one room left and it was an extra guest room. Violette while being the only girl besides her mom is the youngest by 5 seconds. Her twin brother James is 18. Then there's the twins Cody and Kayleb, they are 19. We were now in the kitchen and sat at the table eating sandwiches. As we were eating James came in and sat down, then a few minutes later Kayleb came, after him was Cody. We just sat there for a few minutes, then we burst out laughing. They had huge bags under their eyes and are shirtless so we can see their eight packs (I wouldn't admit it to Taylor but her brothers are hot). Their hair is thrown every which way like they just woke up (which they had, its one in the afternoon). Taylor and I put our plates in the sink. We ran up the stairs to her room, laughing the whole way there.

"Are your brothers coming to your party tonight?" I asked as soon as stopped laughing.

"Yah they are bringing some friends. Oh hey there's this new guy that I met yesterday at Starbucks I invited him too. This is going to be the best party I've thrown all year!" she screamed the last part. I just laughed Taylor is the social one. She loves going to parties and stuff like that. She is the cheerleader type with long blond hair and very tanned skinned. She is 5"4 very skinny and has the most amazing hazel eyes I've ever seen. Everyone who knows her loves her and she is, in short, beautiful. I, on the other hand, am 5"4, skinny, I have long dirty blond hair, and my eyes are light blue. I am, in short, plain. There's nothing special about me.  

I was thinking about what I would wear at her party to night, when the door was thrown open. James and Cody came barging in with water guns and attacked us. James went for me, while Cody went for Violette. I ran from the room laughing. James followed me. I ran down the stairs and into the backyard. I ran to the white gazebo with James right on my heels. I backed up against wall. I had my hands up in surrender as he came closer to me. I was laughing, but my eyes never left the water gun in his hand.

"What are you waiting for, James, I've got nowhere to go" I was laughing while I said that. So I don't know how messed up it sounded. He laughed and said 

"Oh I'm just waiting for you to say you're sorry for laughing at me. Plus when I spray you, I want to be close enough that you will actually get soaked."

"I'm sorry for laughing at you"" I said sarcastically. I couldn't help but laugh. His facial expression was priceless, I screamed when he sprayed me. He made sure I was thoroughly soaking wet before he stopped. Kayleb yell something at James and while he was distracted, I took my chance and grabbed the water gun. He turned around and let's just say he's just as soaked as I am. Laughing, we went back into the house.

"You.....look like a.....drowned....cat" James said while laughing.

"Well that makes two of us" James is like a brother to me. He is always there when I need him. He's the first person I go to when I'm upset.

I was in Taylors' room now. I went into the closet and got a t-shirt and jeans from my side of the closet. I'm here so much, that it's basically my second home. Taylor walked into the room dripping. I had barley took a glance at her before I burst out laughing. All she did was glare at me and walk into the closet. I left the room and went into the living room and turned on the TV. I flipped through the channels for a while then turned it off. I took out my phone and texted Taylor.

Violette: Hey I'm gona go to my house and get ready I'll see you later!!(:

Taylor: Okay see you at the party(;

I put my phone up and started walking home.

Chapter 2 

The party

I pulled up in front of Taylors' house. There were a lot of people there and you could hear the music from a mile away(okay slight exsageration, but seriously I could hear the music  down the block). I got out of my truck and walked up to the front door and went in. There were people everywhere! It took me ten minutes to find Taylor and when I did I had to pull her off her boyfriend. I dragged her over to the study so I could talk to her without having to shout too much. 

"What do you want she asked?" she asked, she didn't sound too happy with me.

"Well to start I thought you invited some people from our school not the whole state and second who did you set me up with time?" Taylor is always setting me up with guys. She is so happy with Damian that she wants me to be happy too. I know she means well, but I haven't had much luck in the boyfriend department. So I know at a party as big as this, she had set me up with someone.

"Hey can you get me something to drink please." She looked at me with an innocent expression that made me even more cautious of her than I already was.

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing please get me a coke." I knew she would nag at me till went and got her one. So with a sigh, I went to kitchen. I walked in and surprisingly no one was in there. I went to the fridge and grabbed a coke. When I turned around I bumped into.........

Hope you like my story so far. Vote and comment please give me suggestions for the story I may not use all of them but I will think about them.

~Rachel~