Part I: Savior

"Are we there yet?" Karin grumbled, as she pulled tree branches from her face.

"Almost, five more minutes up ahead." I replied, ignoring the witch. This trip was meant to be two hours, but with the witch grumbling about everything and the Regent scolding her for it every five minutes it felt like much longer than that. 

"Karin, shut up." Kahlan ordered, as she let out a long sigh. 

"Excuse me, it's not like hiking with a mord-sith and you while searching for some depressing mord-sith temple called 'The Palace of Blood' was in my plan for today." The younger witch ranted, glaring at her older sister. 

"You forget we're doing this for our sister? Don't be such a-" Kahlan replied in the same tone, before I interrupted. 

"We're here." I declared, ignoring their previous bickering. 

"You must be vision impaired, there's nothing here." Karin said, looking around searching for the temple. 

"Of course you cannot see it witch, it's protected." I replied, rolling my eyes at her stupidity. 

"How do you get in?" Kahlan inquired, while still looking around. 

"There's two way to enter the Blood Palace." I informed. "One, you have a keyed magic stone that lets you in the protective wards. Two, your taken in as a prisoner." 

"So how do you get one of those key-stone things?" Karin inquired, innocently. 

"You don't, because that's not the plan." I explained. "You have to catch a mord-sith and steal it from them, which is near impossible because they would be quickly missed in the temple. So, option two it is."

"Very well, I will let myself be captured while you and Karin stay outside waiting to aid our escape." Kahlan ordered, and I rolled my eyes at her.

"No witch as ever escaped the temple, the moment you step inside you're left without any magic. The walls are covered with the essence of the mord-sith, our ability to render magic into nothing." I informed once more.

"Than how are we supposed the find our sister?" Karin growled at me. 

"You're not." I replied. "Because I'm the one that's going to be captured." 

"Why should we even trust you?" The younger witch huffed.

"Because we have no other choice." Kahlan said, looking at me with a serious expression on her face. "I hope my trust is not misplaced." 

"You'll have to wait and see." I replied, before leaving towards where I knew the entrance of the temple was.

It didn't take long of a mord-sith to ambush me and for the darkness to greet me.

---

"Well, well, well ... the oldest sister has returned." A voice whispered in my ear. I groaned, blinking quickly. I guess that everything went according to plan and I was captured. The pain in my arms meant that I was probable bound in the air by chains. The Torture Chamber then. 

"Wakey wakey sister." A voice I recognized as Denna's teased, before an agiel hit me in the stomach. I let out a rough groan before opening my eyes. 

"I remember you telling me I was not worth the name sister, yet you still call me that." I said, my voice sounding scratchy. "Have you missed me Denna?"

"I have not." She replied, caressing my check. "But I'll enjoy the gift of torturing you all the same." She slapped me, and I let out a laugh.

"Is that all you got Denna?" I whispered near her ear. "I did not teach you enough then, that was pathetic."