Rumour Has It

"Addie... Ads! Addie wake up!" I blinked groggily and rubbed my eyes. I heard someone sigh. My vision cleared and I saw that it was Percy and I smiled. But I quickly frowned.

"Perce, you look like you were in a fire! What happened!?" He smiled grimly.

"Well, first of all, someone knocked you out-"

"It was me," said someone exasperatedly, followed by the sound of hooves. It was Thalia and Chiron. Of course.

"What?" Percy asked.

"I knocked out Adrasteia!" she repeated impatiently. Percy's eyebrows shot up, but I just rolled my eyes.

"Why?"

"Yes, please enlighten us," I said sarcastically. Thalia glared at me while Chiron stared at her patiently.

"Cause you would've just slowed us down." I scoffed.

"Yeah, and dragging my unconscious body around was a huge improvement," I retorted. Thalia laughed.

"Addie, I sent you straight back to camp! No way in Hades would I drag you around!"

Percy frowned. "Thalia, Ads could've prevented Annabeth from getting kidnapped!"

"Yeah right. Adrasteia can't do Styx," Thalia said.

"Woah woah woah, what!?" Annabeth got kidnapped!?"

Percy nodded, obviously upset about it. "We were attacked by a manticore. The Hunters of Artemis helped us hold it back, but Annabeth was taken."

"Who the hell would have a manticore just to take Annabeth?" Thalia rolled her eyes and Percy furrowed his eyebrows.

"We think it's Luke..."

"Ohhh. Makes sense now."

"Yeah, but you asked that as if you wouldn't have used such a powerful animal to kidnap Annabeth." I sat up, drank some nectar, and shrugged.

"I'd probably save a manticore for something bigger, unless I had a bunch at my disposal." Percy sighed.

"Anyway, we've gotta head to dinner. You'll be fine." I nodded and smiled.

"Thanks, Perce."

"No problem. See you later." We waved, and Percy and Thalia left the tent. Chiron came closer to my bed.

"I heard my 'dad' dropped by," I said icily, putting air quotes around the word dad. Chiron seemed taken aback.

"Who told you?" I rolled my eyes.

"It's not as if I don't have friends! People told me."

Chiron sighed. "I'm sorry, Adrasteia. I really am." I rubbed the back of my head and laid back down. Just then the great war god himself blundered in.

"Adrasteia! I heard you woke up-"

"And I heard you weren't my dad," I said dismissively. He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Who told you that nonsense?" Ares asked, staring accusingly at Chiron. Gods he's stupid.

"Drop it, Ares. You weren't that great of a dad anyway." He sneered, his whole demeanor suddenly changing.

"Like you were any better as a daughter!" I played with the edge of my sheet.

"I really thought I had finished fighting with children. I guess some people just don't get the memo," I said, bored. His face quickly turned red.

"Well I- I never- I can't believe-" he stammered.

"I can't believe how immature you're being either. Actually, I can!"