Mission Impossible

"Hey Dras!"

"Hey Luke." I smiled wearily.

"What's up?" I sighed and shrugged. He frowned and sat down. "What happened?"

I rubbed my face. "Dad," I muttered.

"You too, huh?" We chuckled.

"Plus Annabeth and Thalia don't even like me anymore... Like what did I do to them!? I just fucking made friends! And- and-"

"Dras. Slow down and take a deep breath." I stopped and closed my eyes, taking a long, slow breath. I opened my eyes. "Now, tell me what happened with your dad, Annabeth, and Thalia." I took another deep breath and slowly explained, exaggerating slightly only once or twice. At the end of it, Luke frowned.

"And I thought my dad was a jerk... Well, he is, but Ares... wow. And the girls..." I nodded. Luke looked up at me, and we stared at each other for a bit. "Ads..."

"I'm not joining you, Luke." He sighed and ruffled his hair.

"It was worth a shot," he muttered. I smiled.

"I miss you, Luke. I miss talking to you and being with you." He grinned.

"Miss you more!"

"Yeah right, Lu Lu." He pouted.

"Don't call me that!" We laughed and kept talking for a few more minutes before he started getting harder to see. I frowned.

"Luke, I think I have to go, I can hardly see you," I said, disappointed. "Thanks. I feel loads better." He grinned.

"No problem. You really should visit some time." I rolled my eyes.

"You'd never let me leave!"

"Dammit, you saw through my plan!" We laughed, and the mist quickly started dispersing. We said goodbye, and when I couldn't see him anymore I left the cave and walked back out to camp. Percy ran up to me as soon as I was in the centre of the cabins.

"Where've you been? Chiron needs us! Beckendorf said he just saw you an hour ago, but we couldn't find you anywhere." An hour? Felt like less...

"I was just walking around, Perc, relax. What does Chiron need us for?"

"I don't really know..." I followed Percy to the Big House. Chiron looked up as we came in, and the worry immediately left his face.

"Ahhh, there you are. Okay, we're all here, so I'll give you your mission." I looked around to see Annabeth, Thalia, Grover, and of course Percy. "Two demigods have been found in Westover Hall, and I need you five to retrieve them and bring them back to camp."

"I thought that was a satyr's job," I said. Chiron frowned.

"Unfortunately, the satyrs at that school are a bit traumatized, since they were almost eaten. They actually had to crawl out of a creature's mouth. And they did see one if their friends eaten..." Everybody's eyebrows shot up. "And we can't tell what kind of monster it was either from the satyrs'... er, 'descriptions.'"

"Soo... we're pretty much walking into the jaws of an unknown creature?" Chiron hesitated before nodding. I grinned, catching him by surprise.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I turned to run out of the door, but Chiron added,

"It's also a dance night at the school, so you'll have to wear dress clothes." I stopped and turned around slowly, my grin widening.

"I get to beat up a monster in a dress! Awesome!" Everyone rolled their eyes as if saying 'Typical Ares kid,' and I ran out and to the Ares cabin. I went to my trunk and looked through all of the band t-shirts and ripped skinny jeans before taking out a sleeveless, thigh-length black dress and black flats. They were a gift from Silena Beauregard. When I was in battle, the dress turned into combat gear (I looked kinda like Trinity from The Matrix) and the flats turned into gorgeous combat boots. I've always wanted to wear these! The best thing is that my outfit comes with weapons! The dress had ruffles and was sparkly, but not too sparkly. I swept my hair into a ponytail and a pouf after putting on my clothes and went back to the Big House to find the others already there, also in dress clothes. Well, Thalia hadn't changed, and Annabeth was wearing dress pants. The two guys were wearing tuxedos, and Percy was tugging at his collar in discomfort. When he saw me, both his hand and his jaw dropped, making the two girls pull faces and roll their eyes.