These Silent Words

The silence haunts her.

It's a heavy weight, pinning her limbs to the gray blankets, coarse and scratchy, suffocating her with invisible fingers, long and slender, pulling her further and further down until she's drowning in air.

In silence.

People come in, and they scare her. Much like him, they smile at her, tell her that they're going to make her feel better, make her new, change her until nothing is left over.

Nobody who lives in this world of silence could possibly do that.

So she screams, and screams, filling up the space with sound, with noise, as much deafness as possible, because she knows, she knows-
She knows what they want to do.

And she won't ever let that happen.
_________________________________

Hey, second book of the "enlightenment" series! I'm so excited for this! This is my first attempt at making a series, so please do enjoy and ignore all the stupid little mistakes that most likely proliferate throughout both books.

If you have not read the first book, what're you doing here? Please check it out-it's on my profile, titled "Her Definition of 'Life'". A summary to it is below. Each book in this series could be considered a stand-alone, but it would be preferable if you read them in order.

"she wasn't living"

She truly believed that she had found the meaning of life. Or rather, the meaning of her life.

"there never was anything in her"

For her, she wanted to spend the rest of her life for the ones she loved, she wanted every breath she took to be repaid tenfold to those who she held close to her heart, she wanted every accomplishment, every award, every emotion, every single drop of her existence to be meant for those who had her wrapped around their little pinky fingers.

"i look dead because i am dead"

To the point where she would kill herself because they told her too.

"bleed some color into this otherwise achromatic hellhole"

And now, she has been given something that not everyone can proudly boast.

"she doesn't know if she loves anyone or anything anymore"

A second chance.

"burn everything down to ash, to lower than ash"

Anyways, please enjoy. Again, another reminder: this series is EXTREMELY SENSITIVE! It deals with dark themes and topics that, if you don't want to deal with them or anything along those lines, please don't.

And there's the occasional swear word, so watch out for that.

Hope you like it!