6- I'm Back

Chapter 6: I'm Back

"Brooke why don't you tell me what the hell went on back there?"

"Dad, I'm just a magnet for trouble okay. That's it."

Dad sighed whilst pulling up into the drive.

"Darling don't think like that..."

"Why not?! It's true isn't it? My life has been falling down a never ending hole that just keeps getting bigger and bigger"

Dad gave me a frustrated look. "Brooke stop pitying your life for crying out loud. Your mum told me about that boy and your breakup. First love can be hard to get over, but you need to know that there's nothing you could have done to change his fate. It's not your fault he's missing, so please just try moving on."

"DAD DONT TALK ABOUT HIM!" My heart sunk with those words that came out from his mouth. It's like my parents don't understand how just the sound of his name, leaves me with an aching heart.

"OKAY...okay we won't. I just...?"

"You just what?" tears now appeared in my eyes form out of nowhere. This subject just seems to trigger my tears, almost instantly.

"Listen Brooke, I know Iv not been the ideal father but I want you to know that you can always talk to me. My ears are your slaves"

"Yes" I laughed, his attempt to lighten up the mood worked.. "And I'm very thankful for those slaves, but can we go in now?"

"Lets go" Said dad with a beaming smile that represented achievement.

I walked up the 3 steps of the bricked doorway as Dad jolted past me to unlock the door. His place looked pretty much the same. The same old cream walls with the same old furniture. His house, like always was engulfed with the smell of burnt wood. Dad has a beautiful cozy little fireplace, which was his favorite place in the house.

"Princess your room is the 2nd..."

"Door on the right" I smiled. "I do remember this place..."

Dad helped me bring up my luggage to my new room.

'This is it Brooke' I thought to myself whilst I looked at the green walls and the oak bed that were un-surprisingly in the same place.

I'll need to do some tweaking here and there but it's great. It's my first step to moving on.

"Knock knock" Entered Dad whilst looking around the room lost in thought. Just like me, dad observed the room; it was as if he entered the room after a long time.

" I haven't changed a thing since the...the.."

"...Divorce"

"Yes that" sighed Dad, he was a million miles away. The mention of divorce really seemed to affect him; but weren't mum and dad happy with the divorce? Isn't that the reason why it happened?

"Do you want help with unpacking?"

"No, thanks I can do it myself"

"So I'm off to bed then, after all this bad boy needs some beauty sleep otherwise I turn into a beast, but you know that don't you" He grinned oh so mischievously. I knew exactly what he had planned.

"Dad I'm too old for that now..." But it was too late. Dad was chasing me around the room making growling sounds; something he did a lot whilst I was young. He would chase me pretending that he's become a beast and then tickle me until I almost died of laughter. But this time things are different...I'm different.

"Daaaaaddddddddd" I screamed. I can't stand anybody's touch, not even my dad's. My body began to throb and I even panicked a little.

"STOP IT!" obviously to my pain, dad continued on tickling me. My body now burnt with heat, and his fingers felt like prickling needles. It's unbearable. I broke him away and tried to control my panting breath. His eyes opened with shock at how I reacted to such a little thing.