Three

"Where are you going?" Damaris called. "When will you be back?" "How long are you going for?" "Are you going to the shops?!"

Elise smiled, "I'm just visiting our new neighbours."

The children continued to play when Elalya came up behind Elise, tapping her on the shoulder, "You're going to the old lady's house, aren't you?"

Elise tutted, "Why does it bother you?"

Elalya just shook her head, dragging her finger along her throat, "You know what they say about people that live in windmills?"

"What do they say?"

"The noise must drive them insane." Elalya walked back into the house and back up the stairs.

Elise ignored this comment and walked onwards down the hill towards the car.

The drive was short, but better than walking along the main road.

When she came to the house she saw that up close, it looked like a normal windmill. Not the one that housed a cannibal.

This is a terrible idea, Elise said to herself. The noise was booming, a constant clicking and smashing of some sorts.

What if it really is a cannibal? She thought as she brought her hands to the door.

How could I tell? How could I know? But these thoughts meant nothing to her and she knocked nonetheless.

Stepping back as the door simultaneously opened.

"Hello!" The young voice said cheerily, "Are you here for the pills?"