a

Niall giggled, messing with the snapchat filters on his phone. His best friend, harry, next to him in band class, back in the percussion section. their band teacher wasn't at school today, and their sub was to busy watching videos on his phone.

He took a picture of himself with the flower crown filter, posting it on his story. He honestly loved himself, as self conceded it sounded. Sure, he had flaws, what person didn't? He just looked for the good things on his body, letting them take over instead of the hatred that was filling his body.

Niall looked up as the door opened. A man with feathery brown-hair and blue eyes entered the room. he was short, shorter than niall by an inch or two. He cocked his head, interested in the man. Niall watched him.

"He's really cute!" Niall exclaimed quietly to Harry, hoping the man was a student and not a teacher or a new sub.

Harry giggled, tapping Niall's cheek, "Don't get to attached Ni! You don't know who he even is yet!" He informed him softly, not wanting his best friend to get hurt.

"I won't haz! I just want to make new friends! I only have you, zayn, and your brother, Liam. I'd like to have more.." niall admitted quietly, blushing slightly.

He watched the male walk over to them, the piano section next to them. Niall's heart sped up as the boy faced him

"Hey, My name is Louis." He murmured. Niall's heart started beating faster. His voice was smooth like cameral, high pitched, slightly rough. It made a shiver go through Niall's spine. He took in a shuddering breath.

"H-hi.. my name is Niall.." He whispered nervously, blushing as louis smirked.

(POV Switch)

Third Person, Louis's POV.

He took in a deep breath. He didn't know what compelled him to join highschool. Maybe it was that scent. That scent that drove him crazy, made his head spin. He needed to find out who that was, and why they smelled so damn good. It was driving louis crazy, his head spinning, his fangs threatening to poke into his gums. 

Louis got his class schedule, glad he had band and drama. he walked into the band room, that being his first bell. his eyes dilated, his head scanning the room. he bit back a hiss as he couldn't tell who the smell was coming from. the different scents of blood pouring into his nose. he crinkled it, not liking most of the smells.

He moved to the teacher, his stomach flipping as the nasty scent of cigarettes filled his nose.

This man's blood smells like death

Louis thought bitterly, telling the teacher he was new and moved to the section he knew he belonged too.  His nostrils flared as that scent hit his nose as he passed a blonde boy and his friend.

He smirked, clearing his throat.

"Hey, My name is Louis." He murmured. Louis raised an eyebrow, hearing the boy's heart start beating faster, goosebumps popping up onto his arms. He cocked his head, watching him take a shuddering breath.

"H-hi.. my name is Niall.." the boy murmured.

Louis loved his voice. It was deep, smooth, full of innocence. He put his hand out, looking for a handshake. His breath caught as Niall giggled,

"I don't shake hands. I hug." The boy said simply, taking Louis into his arms. It took all of Louis's might not to bury his nose into the boys neck, to breathe in that beautiful scent, to lick his neck, to get a taste.

He hugged the boy back, taking in a deep breath of his scent, needing it to be bottled, and stored in his house. Louis smirked, having a plan. He was going to befriend niall, get close to him, tell him his secret, and feed from him. or just take him home, and drink from him. He would want his consent though, feeling bad for some reason.

Louis sighed softly, letting go of the lad.

"And who is your friend?" Louis asked, nodding to the curly haired boy who was next to niall, looking like he was going to explode with excitement at any moment.

"huh? oh! this is harry!" niall said. louis grinned, hearing his heart flutter in excitement.

"oh. nice to meet you." louis said, shaking harry's hand. the lad's blood smelled good, full of vitamins, but he didn't appeal to louis. he wanted niall. he wanted, no, needed, to taste that sweet sweet blood, the smell of it so strong.

Louis could hardly contain himself, his fangs poking into his gums, drawing his own blood. he made a face, licking it away.

"are you alright?" Niall asked, watching him.

"yeah, just thought of something." Louis said, smiling at the worried blonde.

"You aren't a natural blonde." louis enquired, seeing the brown roots on the sides of his head.

niall sputtered,"h-how'd you know?" he asked, his eyes wide.

"your sides. your roots are coming in." Louis announced, patting his shoulder.

"its okay mate. looks good." louis told him when his heart started racing and he smelled like panic.

niall nodded, sighing shakily,"promise?" he whispered, rubbing his sides.

"i promise. i wouldn't lie." Louis said, cocking his head and grinning, glad his fangs were hidden once more.

He stumbled as niall hugged him again. Louis bit back a growl, hugging him back. he smelled so damn good, louis was having a hard time trying to hold himself together.

Louis took in a deep breath. he smelled like peaches and strawberries, something that would usually repulse him, but didn't.

His blood though, he couldn't tell what it smelled like. Louis loved it, he wanted to taste it. He let go of niall, grinning slightly.

"so, what do we do?" louis asked, cocking his head.

"well, we usually run through our songs, but since our teacher isn't here, we have a study hall." Niall told him.

Louis nodded, "can we play?"

niall nodded."yeah! most of us usually do." he said, strumming a nearby guitar.

Louis watched him, before turning to a piano, playing a song his mum taught him many decades ago. It was a Mozart song, and it was hard as well. He played it easily, not looking around at anyone until he finished.

Once he did, he looked over at Niall and Harry, whose mouths were open wide in shock.

"How do you know that?!" Harry exclaimed, his eyes wide. Louis took in a deep breath, smelling the excitement rush through their veins. He wanted to bite.

"My mum taught me when i was a wee lad." Louis told him.

The bell rang, the students piling out of the room.

Louis followed, noticing he had chemistry next. He sighed, following the route he's known for awhile.

Once he got into the classroom, he went to the teacher, Mr. Lyon.

Mr. Lyon had him wait at the front of the room so he could be introduced.

"You'll be sitting next to Niall Horan." Mr. Lyon said after louis talked about himself.

The lad nodded, his fangs permanently out. He so badly needed to taste niall. Louis was craving him.

He didn't know how long he could resist not sinking his fangs into the soft flesh of Niall Horan's neck.

  Four Votes and 6 comments for the next chapter!

~ Alex ✨