Chapter 12 - Attraction

Apparently sleep isn't on the agenda tonight, so Ashley makes her way down the stairs to her destination; the kitchen, careful not to wake up anyone in the house.

Like Ashley, Kaye couldn't sleep either and so she heard the light footsteps padding down the stairs to the kitchen at 3.30 in the morning. She didn't even have to go look to see who it was because her heart starts to beat loudly, each beat hammering through her chest. She lays still, scared that if she makes the slightest movement, Ashley would know that she isn't asleep, and most importantly she would know why she couldn't sleep.

Ashley takes milk out of the refrigerator, hoping that a glass of milk will help her go to sleep. Yesterday, the day she locked Kaye in a room, she was able to go to sleep, because she was content with her plan to ignore Kaye. The only thing is, it backfired and now she's the one suffering, and that's why she couldn't sleep. With thoughts running through her head, she leans on the kitchen island while drinking her milk, not noticing the pair of eyes watching her from the dark hallway.

Kaye could sneak back to the couch without being caught as Ashley was in deep thought, but even if she wanted to, she couldn't. She couldn't because her feet were stuck to the ground, her heart beating fast, now that she takes in Ashley; only wearing a big t-shirt which didn't even cover the whole of her ass; she's seen girls in such outfits before but it's a totally different reaction when it's not just physical attraction involved. Kaye was mesmerised to say the least.

And then, for reasons that she can't deny no more, Kaye marched into the kitchen, startling Ashley who was just able to put her glass of milk on the counter before Kaye stole her first kiss.

Ashley was shocked....but it felt too good, she found her eyes closing, her whole body tingling, her hands found their way onto Kaye's shoulder -squeezing the firm skin, kissing back as best as she could.

Kaye on the other hand, suddenly opened her eyes, realizing what they're doing and while she knows Ashley has quite a trail of boys wanting her, she never knew Ashley had enough experience to be this good of a kisser, and so instead of stopping, she continued kissing with her eyes open, studying Ashley's features "she truly is beautiful" she thought to herself. They continued their long awaited kiss until Ashley had to pull away for air.

Kaye just looked at Ashley hungrily before diving in again and carefully placing her hands on Ashley's full bottom, lifting her up on the counter, Kaye's minstriations on her ass waking goosebumps on her skin and eliciting moans, urging Kaye to move her hands under her shirt, Kaye's fingertips just barely touching Ashley's toned stomach on the way to it's destination, which would be quite easy to get to as Ashley isn't wearing a bra at all.

Kaye's hand got nearer and nearer to Ashley's breast, there were many moans along the way, but the invisible doubt still lingered in their heads.

"This isn't supposed to be happening" Kaye thought to herself, but she didn't make any effort to stop.

"What if this is just another game for her?" this sudden thought popped out of nowhere and it was enough for Ashley to pull back and push Ashley away by the shoulders.

Ashley was confused, she didn't know what to do, they were supposed to be mad at each other or at least she was supposed to be mad at Kaye.

Kaye opened her mouth but whatever she was meant to say was thrown out the window when Ashley slapped her so hard that it actually hurt, or maybe it hurt because it's a slap from someone she actually cares about.

After that, Ashley ran as quickly as she could to her room, crying, because she thinks she's being played, but what's hurting her more is the fact that it's Kaye, the one person who could make her feel things that even she can't explain. Actually, she's not sure if Kaye is playing with her, but how can she possibly trust someone who's broken the hearts of her friends. She ended up dozing off after crying too much.

Kaye went back to her own house right down the road, plagued by the feelings and emotions that their kiss ignited. She was angry at herself for being so reckless and letting her feelings get ahead of her, that she ended up being hurt.

"ughhhhh stupid. stupid. stupid!" she says to herself while walking to her house, hitting her head with her bare hands.

"This is what you get when you listen to your feelings you stupid! arghhh! I should've learned from the first time! stupid! this is what you get.... for having feelings for a cheerleader again. arghhh!" this whole situation got Kaye thinking about her last relationship, if you can actually call it that. Her heart constricted at all the painful memories Ashley's slap was able to dig up. Just as she was starting move on from her bitterness, Ashley swooped in and hurt her, hindering her progress to move on, now she's afraid that the same thing will happen. The walls she had carefully built, the walls that was starting to disappear had started strengthening again "it's better this way, no one can hurt me" she told herself.

"Okay... that's it, don't listen to your feelings next time, and whatever you do... you don't care about her because she doesn't care about you, so do whatever you want" Kaye tells herself when she finally arrives in her room. She falls asleep after tiring her brain from all the stressed thoughts.

It's not so much that they want to hurt each other, but I guess they both have their own coping mechanisms for their trust issues. Not so much for Ashley, as all Kaye would have to do to earn her trust is to show Ashley she's sincere, but how can she do that when she's coping with her own trust issues?

Both are blinded by their 'logical' thinking, and can't seem to see that they both have feelings for each other.

---------- 

Please check out this story, http://www.wattpad.com/story/4558386-path-of-hate

Sorry for taking long, my UCAS deadline has been extended until November, so it's less pressure. I couldn't sleep yesterday so I ended up making this chapter, I had a headache and I think it was because I had too many ideas for this story.

I hope you liked it, I know it's full of heavy stuff right now but I assure you, it will somehow get better.

Thank you for waiting. :)

Comment. Vote. Fan.

-Keena