Chapter 5

I awoke the next morning to the sound of birds singing in nearby trees, my clothes were wet from the grass, but I didn't mind. I looked over my shoulder to see Sav, she looked like a fairy, so delicate and pure. Her eyes open slowly, fluttering like butterflies. She brought her knees up to her chest and said "Dodie, please don't tell anyone. I mean it. I love you, but I love Bertie as well and I'm so sorry." She stood up and started to walk away, I got up and ran after her. "Sav, talk to me, please? What's wrong?" She turned around and her eyes were red and puffy, last night's eyeliner running down her face, dragged by salty tears. "We can never be together, Dodie. Im so sorry, I know I've put you through hell. I just, I can't do this". She grabbed her bag and walked away through the trees. 

My head is throbbing, I feel so dizzy. My stomach is churning and I can't see. My heart felt as though it was being ripped apart, piece by piece. I fell down to the floor and curled into a ball, wanting, praying for the pain to be over. Her jacket was left on the grass, I picked it up and cuddled it close to my body. I wanted to scream and cry. The smell of lemongrass clung to the black jacket, I felt uneasy so I threw it to the side of me. There is no getting over her now. 

The last couple of months have been a blur. Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks. I can't love her as much as I would like to, so I'll just have to move on. Slowly, painfully healing. She's the beautiful, lemon grass scented girl, with deep brown eyes like a deer and pale ivory skin. She's the girl I will always love. No matter what. I guess I can't do anything about it now.