Chapter 12

Sophie's POV:

My hands shook as I dialed Ryan's number frantically on the phone. It was 2 am and my reception was awful. The ring came through the phone, once. Twice. Three times.

"Sophie?" Ryan picked up the phone with sleep in his voice "it's like...two in the morning"

I nodded and cleared my throat, trying to keep my voice steady, trying to tell him what had happened "Ryan.."

He mustve heard something in my voice, because the next thing he said was " where are you? I'm coming for you"

I held back my tired tears, the ones that confused me too much "Tyler's.."

There was a pause, before he said one simple word "Okay"

He hung up the phone. I let myself fall apart for a minute and collapse to the ground. Maybe Tyler and I would be fine. Maybe in reality I was normal, this was normal. Maybe all of the shit that had been happening to me, from my mom dying to having feelings for Tyler...maybe it was normal. It didn't feel normal, it felt wrong. It felt so wrong.

The front door slammed open and I stood up on shaky legs. There stood Ryan, angry eyes and soaking cloths. Tyler raced to the front door to see who it was.

"what did you do to her" Ryan asked quietly

I stood behind Tyler shakily, my eyes stinging from being so tired and ironically looking pathetic in Tylers shirt without any pants on. 

Tyler looked between me and Ryan with a confused face "I-"

Ryan stormed closer to Tyler, pushing him with a force "I said what the fuck did you do to Sophie"

Tyler just looked sad. His face looked like that of a small boy who had done something wrong and been caught.

Ryan grabbed my hand and barely looked at me "We're leaving"

I stumbled out of the door after him, trying to keep up while my bare feet slapped the ground while he led me out of the door. Tyler stood there, looking after me with his eyes wide - speechless. 

Ryan got me into his car and sat there for a minute silently "What were you thinking" 

I frowned and took in a ragged breath "What- what do you mean?" 

Ryan scoffed "I mean what were you thinking going over to his house Sophie. You knew something like this would happen"

The bad thing was that a part of me did. A part of me had known that if I went with Tyler something would happen that I wouldn't be able to stop or even want to stop. 

He shook his head "Don't even answer that, let's go" 

It was so early in the morning and I hadn't slept at all, my hair was still wet from the rain and my eyes burned from lack of sleep and tears. The sun had started leaking its light through the trees and over the ocean, turning my world a golden orange color. I closed my eyes and let myself forget about what had happened. I didn't want to remember it because once I did, I would realize how much I had screwed up my life. I had let my step brother kiss me, I was getting close to the school fighter and my best friend was angry with me because he knew that I had allowed all of this to happen. 

We pulled up at the front of my house where Jessica ran out in her robe and slippers with my Dad "Oh sweetie... Ryan where'd you find her?" 

Ryan looked at me, clenching his jaw before muttering "She was walking. It was too dark to tell where. My mom's wondering where I am, I've got to go." 

Before they could even say thank you, Ryan drove off angrily and didn't seem to have anything else to say to me.  

My Dad frowned "Sophie, where were you going to go?" 

Jessica looked at my Dad angrily before she took me into her arms "Can you go a few minutes without interrogating the poor girl? Look at her, she's cold and wet and she was obviously crying. Try to be a bit more sensitive, Harold. We talked about this" 

She ushered me into the house, her hand on my lower back and let my head rest on her shoulder "Want me to draw you a bath? Oh honey.... what were you thinking" 

what was I thinking 

Ryan was wondering it, she was wondering and so was I at this point. My phone vibrated in my pocket violently, it was Tyler. 

We need to talk. 

I didn't respond. That was it. From this point on I wasn't going to respond and I wasn't going to acknowledge him at all, not even a little bit. There would be no interation between the two of us even if it was completely innocent. I had to at least try to be normal. 

Hi guys, sorry for continously giving up on you. School started and things got a bit chaotic but I promise Ill finish this story, I owe it to you all. Ill write a longer chapter later.