Chapter 9

I Bit my lip and leaned in to hug Seth trying to make the situation seem normal "I had fun..."

It didn't work. At all.

Tyler pushed past me and stood in front of Seth "what the hell is going on here"

"Tyler..." I warned

The thing about Tyler is that he doesn't listen when he's pissed, and he was pissed.

Seth scoffed, stepping closer to Tyler, challenging him "Sophie and I were hanging out. Problem?"

"The fuck, yeah there's a problem. Seth she's my sister, back off" Tyler growled, pushing Seth slightly

I wedged myself in between the two quickly "woah, wanna calm down maybe?"

Seth shook his head, not looking at me even once and stormed off of the porch, leaving Tyler glaring after him.

Tyler directed his anger towards me "I told you to stay away from him"

The thing about me is you can't always tell me what to do, and if you do it frustrates me. I never mean to do it, I never mean to not do what I'm told or blow up on people, but sometimes I do it anyways

"then I guess I should, shouldn't I? Seeing as you call all of the shots? Including the ones where you throw mixed signals faster than those stupid glares?" I snapped

Tyler shook his head and moved aside from the door "just get inside, Sophie"

I brushed passed him and into the house. Who the hell did he think he was? I was supposed to just obey him like a pet? Like a his personal dog?

I trudged up the stairs angrily, sure, Seth was bad news. But maybe tyler was worse and here he was trying to protect me from Seth.

Tyler stormed up the stairs and into our room, his eyes angry "Sophie.."

I crossed my arms defiantly "So now I can't hang out with other guys?"

He frowned "what do you mean, other guys?"

I looked down at my feet. I didnt know what to say. I didn't know what to do. Here I was stuck between the ability to move on from Tyler with Seth, to get over my forbidden step brother, the one thing I wanted so badly but knew I could never have and the so called bad news Seth. How bad could some who wasn't my step broth be...bad?

I looked at him calmly "I mean guys that aren't you. Stay out of my love life, why do you even care?"

It was unspoken. Everything that had happened between us was unspoken and we'd never confront it. It was a challenge asking why he cared and he knew it.

He shook his head disappointedly "I don't, sophie. I dont"

I cleared my throat before he could turn away "...when are you leaving?"

I looked around the room, he had packed his things. My closet space was back, the dirty socks on the floor, the faint smell of cologne, his different packs of protein bars were all gone, like he had never been there in the first place.

He ruffled his hair nervously "Tomorrow, mom bought me an old Toyota so..."

I nodded, looking down at my hands as of they were suddenly interesting "right, I'm happy for you"

Amused, Tyler looked at me "are you?"

Another challenge. Another unspoken challenge.

I straightened my back and looked him in his ghostly eyes "yeah, I am"

*************

Tylers POV:

She looked up at me, angry eyes and flushed cheeks "yeah, I am"

She didn't know how much I cared for her, how hard I was fighting to fend off the thoughts of her in my head. I knew she was angry and I knew it was my fault she was so upset, so sad. All I wanted for her was to be happy, for her to smile.

I grabbed her chunky sunglasses from the nightstand next to me and slid them on her "cute"

She scrunched her nose and laughed lightly, leaning in to hug me. I slid my hands around her waist, she smelled like flowers today. Her hair smelled like the beach and was soft, so soft. I breathed in softly, knowing the hug was lasting a few seconds too long before letting her go.

"be careful with seth..alright?" I warned her

She nodded.

Seth was dangerous, he always had been and if keeping him away from Sophie meant protecting her, if it meant she

would hate me I'd Have to deal with it because I'd rather her hate me than be hurt

******

Sorry I've been gone for so long! Thought I'd make this chapter shorter to thank you guys for the long wait, if you have any suggestions for what should happen next, just comment below