Chapter 2: Three Little Bitches

Casey Tims and her friends, Charlottle Pental (Char) and Elianna Greene (Ellie) strutted down the hallways, their high-heels clicking on the ground. Their hair flew backwards, as if a fan was blowing directly towards them. They posed in the doorway of Mr. Ryder's classroom. Dramatic, huh?

Mr. Ryder abruptly stopped teaching and stared them down. "What brings you here today, late?"

Casey smiled. "Always want to arrive fashionably late, ya know!"

"Detention, Ms. Tims! And you too, Ms. Pental and Ms. Greene!" Mr. Ryder shouted. "Now, please, sit down!"

Casey strutted her perfect run-way walk down the aisles of desks. Her friends followed. As Casey grew closer to me, I stuck my right leg out in front of her. She tripped over it and hit the ground with a twisted SMACK!

Mr. Ryder ran over, screaming, "Ms. Smith! What did you do!" and, "Ms. Tims, are you okay?" He bent down and helped her up. She sighed, and blood dripped down her nose. "Char, take Casey to the nurse, and Ellie, go find a custodian to wipe up this blood!" he screeched.

Char and Casey hobbled out of the room, along with Ellie. Mr. Ryder stared at me, and I stared blankly down at my desk. "And as for you, Anabel . . . you can go down to the principal's office and explain to Mrs. Lynch what you've done."

"But, I--"

"Go, now!" he yelled. I got up and flew out the door. I felt my classmates eyes boring into the back of my head. I scrambled down to Mrs. Lynch's office and had a "little talk" with her . . . A pleasant one, indeed . . .

* * *

Sara met me at lunch again,the next day. "So, what happened yesterday with Casey? And with you. Like, what did the principal say?"

"Well, I stuck out my foot to trip her when she passed by, just to . . . ya know, embarrass her for once . . . But she hit the ground pretty hard and her nose was bleeding--"

"So, how much trouble are you in?"

"A week of detention. And I've gotta write this whole apaology thing to her . . ."

"And is that really gonna happen?"

"Not a chance," I said, sighing.

* * *

I sat at home in my bedroom, my text books and homework scattered around me. I couldn't concentrate. I mean, I guess I felt pretty bad about what I did to Casey . . . I'm never mean like that . . . But people sure can change, for better and for worse . . .