Chapter 4

*Addison’s POV*

“Four boys, four different houses, I’m with a friend no matter what house I’m placed in.” I said to myself remembering the conversation the five of us had on the train.

“Do you always talk to yourself?” I turned to see my old friend Mikito Summers smiling at me. Her family is made up of muggles making her muggle born, but I, unlike my mother and older sister am not prejudice I really couldn’t care less. “So congrats on Gryffindor!” She laughed. I shook my head.

“We don’t know that yet Kito, Andromeda went to Hufflepuff!” I responded. Andromeda was my oldest sister she’s married now to a muggle-born wizard and you can imagine the up-roar from my family, not fun.  Mikito scoffed and punched me lightly on the arm.

“Yea right, you are not Hufflepuff material, Ravenclaw maybe, Slytherin possibly, but not Hufflepuff.” She was right I didn’t possess any of the Hufflepuff traits. Merlin if I got Slytherin I’d be kicked out of my family! Gryffindor house runs in the family, I could see my older sister Alexandra (third-year) raising her eyebrows at me from across the room just daring me to be sorted elsewhere. 

“I guess you’re right Mikito.” I half-smiled as she nodded and we turned out attention back to the sorting, we had missed a lot during our little conversation but we had come back just in time to hear McGonagall call out my name.“Peverell, Addison.” I casually walked up with a face I hoped no one saw through as I was incredibly nervous. The hats voice sounded in my ear and I jumped. ‘Ah a Peverell, oh but your different aren’t you? Brains worthy of Ravenclaw, bravery of a Gryffindor, but you have a temper that’s a Slytherin trait.’

“Not Slytherin.” I whispered. ‘Not Slytherin eh? Yes I think your family has been embarrassed enough, better be GRYFFINDOR!’ I jumped up and placed the hat back on the stool. As I basically floated to my house Alexandra leapt up and hugged me.

“Good job sissy, we were so worried you’d be another disgrace!” Alex sat back down with her friends and I moved down to sit beside Leonardo. He looked at me and I knew he had heard what my sister had said.

“Footsteps were not made to follow; they were made to tread lightly on, until you’re ready to fly.” He said as I sat there awestruck.

“Who said that?”

“I did.” He broke out into a wide smile that I matched. Who cares what my family thinks, I have friends and they like me for who I am not for my families reputation. Leo nudged me out of my thought process to McGonagall calling out Mikito.

“Summers, Mikito.” Mikito walked up to the hat and I could tell she was terrified, the hat was placed on her head and almost immediately it screamed out.

“HUFFLEPUFF!”  She smiled at the table but sent me a heart across the room, inter-house friendships were hard but we could do it, I knew we could, I mean we survived my family. Dumbledore took to the platform and held his hands aloft to quiet everyone“Welcome to our first years and to everyone else welcome back. There is a time for news and rules but that time is not now, as the French would say Bon Appetite!”

*Mikey’s POV*

“Bon Appetite!” Dumbledore clapped and the table in front of us filled with food of all different kinds, meats, cheeses, drinks, and breads. An intake of breath sounded from beside me and I turned to see a girl with shoulder length blonde hair staring awestruck at all the food. Without knowing it I laughed, partly at her face and partly because I had probably made the same face when the food appeared. She turned to me with a smile on her face and offered her hand.

“Hey I’m Mikito!”

“The names Michelangelo but my brothers call me Mikey!” I introduced myself before turning back to the food which seemed to be calling my name like a chant. ‘Mikey, Mikey, Mikey eat us!’ Course I didn’t want to be rude so I grabbed one of everything and started eating. Both Scarlett and Mikito laughed at me before dishing themselves up as well.

*Leo’s POV*

They’ll be fine. If I repeat that enough times in my head I’ll start to believe it right? Maybe there’s a spell I could use to help- I’ll ask Addison she seems to know a lot about this, she’s a pureblood so her whole family is magic. As a unit we are unstoppable but we’ve never had to work solo before now I’m worried it will tear us apart.

“Addison?” I poked her tentatively; she turned to face me, a smile played across her face as she pointed to the table in front of us which instantly filled with food of all kinds.

“Yes Leonardo?” She laughed at my astonished face. I turned to look at the Hufflepuff table, Mikey; who was sitting with a red head girl and Mikito Summers, acted as if he hadn’t been fed all summer or at all in the past eleven years and hungrily selected food from all the plates on his table. Over at the Ravenclaw table Donnie was carrying a conversation with a pretty red head that looked a little older than us. Raph however wasn’t speaking to anyone at the Slytherin table, and he eyed the food with uncertainty, he’s always had trust issues. After looking around and seeing that my brothers looked to be happy and fine I realized they are going to be fine. But what’s going to happen to our family? Sensei would be so disappointed if we came back and didn’t remember how to work together. We are a family, we are brothers, and I just hope that won’t go away.

*Raph’s POV*

“Not hungry or what?” Karai nudged my side and gestured to the food laden table. In truth I didn’t overly trust the people here and who made the food? How did it get on the table? It seemed to me though that this girl was challenging me so I shook my head and filled my plate. If I was going to spend the next seven years of my life here I better get used to their food. Karai raised her eyebrows in response. “Are you always this hostile?”

“Not to people I know.”

“What you only know your family and that Peverell girl please! Raphael right?” I nodded. “Let me give you a tip, Gryffindor’s are not to be befriended, Ravenclaw’s are stuck up, and Hufflepuff’s are stupid.” I was a little offended I mean those are my brothers’ houses!

“Hey! Donnie is not stuck up! Leo can be a friend he just gets on my nerves and alright you got Mikey figured out he’s not that smart but that’s beside the point, the point is you can’t talk about my brothers like that!” She smirked like she knew I was going to blow up on her like that.

“I didn’t say anything about your brothers I was talking about their houses.” Oh, well now I felt stupid but Slytherin is the right house for her that was really sly. But what about what she said about Addison… I found that odd I mean she seemed nice enough on the train.

“Why did you basically call Addison a joke?” I turned to face her and she cocked her head at me.

“She is a joke. I mean sure she’s powerful but look what has happened to her family, they used to be all high and noble then her oldest sister got sorted into Hufflepuff and married a muggle-born and they lost their reputation. It’s all up to her to fix it and she’s not the best person for that job.”

*Donnie’s POV*

“So Donnie, your family must be pureblood if all of you got in.” April turned to look at me and I kind of stuttered at her beauty before clearing my throat and answering.

“Actually we’re muggle-born our Dad is… a muggle.” I almost said rat but stopped myself, what would she think if she found out. Dumbledore changed us for a reason, because even in the wizarding world mutants weren’t very popular, werewolves, centaurs, vampires and everything else had been out cast and most of them feared by wizards and witches alike. As a mutant turtle I didn’t want to join them.

*   *   *

Okay! we finally got that one up! Happy now, everyone??? Good. Chapter 5 will come as soon as I'm done with my CRAZY FLIPPING HUGE  AMOUNT OF HOMEWORK!!! DX DX DX *ahem* sorry about that, just a little stressed about starting school again.... XP

Don't forget to add, vote, comment!!

~PT86 :D