Chapter 3

*Raph's POV*

I would NEVER admit this to the guys, but I was a little worried about the Sorting too. It wasn't like I had any other friends, and I wasn't sure if Addison counted yet, either. Plus I wasn't just worried about me, I was worried about Mikey. If he didn't get in the same house as one of us, he'd probably be in big trouble.

Suddenly the compartment door slid open, and a girl walked in. She had short black hair that was blond in the back, and wierd eye makeup that was red on top but then came down to a black point under her eyes, which were yellow-ish brown.

"Can I sit in here?" She asked plainly. I noticed that she didn't have an accent. FINALLY, someone who's American!

Addison (who was nearest to the door) looked at us, and we shrugged.

"Sure." She replied.

The girl walked in and sat down at an empty seat next to me. She sat facing the window and didn't say another word.

Leo nudged me, then nodded towards the girl. He wanted me to be friendly. Pfft, fine. I thought.

"Uh, hi." I said to her. She turned around and looked at me with an expression of complete boredom.

Alright, let's get this over with. "I'm.. Raph, and this is Leo, Mikey, and Donnie." I introcduced my brothers.

"A-hem." Addison fake coughed. I rolled my eyes. "And that's Addison." I added.

The girl looked at all of us, then said, "I'm Karai. Let me guess, you're all first years."

I looked at Donnie, and he nodded. "Uh, yeah, we are. What year are you?"

"Second, and I'm in Slytherin." She replied. Addison suddenly looked at her. Karai noticed.

"What, I get sorted into Slytherin and all of a sudden you have to stare at me like I have two heads? That's pretty rude."

Addison scowled. "I wasn't staring! I was looking at you because you were talking!"

Karai scoffed. "Yeah, sure kid."

Addison sniffed and turned away. I punched Leo on the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" Leo demanded.

"That's for making me talk to her! We haven't been on this train for ten minutes and we already have someone who doesn't like us!" I replied angrily.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Karai interrupted. I face palmed myself.

"You know butting into a conversation you're not a part of is rude, right?" I argued back.

Karai laughed humorlessly. "You got attitude, kid. I like it."

I scowled, then turned away.

"That was a compliment!" She said. I didn't reply. I heard her groan, but she didn't reply.

*Donnie's POV*

Wow, good going, Raph. Now we have an enemy. I thought. This is why I stick to my books. Books are quiet and calm, and if you disagree with something it says in them, you can say so and the book doesn't argue! Of course, that might not always be true now that we were in the wizarding world, but not my point.

I opened my copy of Hogwarts: A History and began to read.

Hogwarts was founded 1,000 years ago by the four greatest wizards of the age; Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin....

The next bit was a lot of stuff that everybody else but me would probably find boring so I'll just skip it.

...However, Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to the school. He did not believe it appropriate to admit students from non-magical familes, or "Muggle-borns".