Chapter 70

A pot of coffee stood on the center table.  Garvin yawned and scratched at his chin. As he poured three cups he went over what he needed to say in his head. Tomorrow would be the first day Chloe was to tutor the kids and he wanted to brief her on as much as possible. He finally had his 'team' together. There was himself the brain, the therapist. Sophie the brilliant doctor and caretaker. And Chloe the . . . tutor.

He was ready to really start helping these kids. When he was done here they would have a plan. They would be ready to fix the pips.

"Okay so you two . . . although you aren't psychologists, you are competent enough to understand and execute the task of aiding the pips to become mentally sound and healthy." Garvin started off by saying. He looked at the two ladies sitting before him.

"How hard could it be? I mean I've got a really fun lesson plan for little Perrie. Like I mean autism isn't that much of a horrible disease if she doesn't have it severely. She seems able to respond to people and stuff so . . ." Chloe said.

"Chloe he's not just talking about Perrie's autism." Sophie said softly. She was tired these days. She'd been doing a lot of research on a lot of mental illnesses in preparation to help Garvin and his therapy since the kids seemed more willing to talk to her. Plus she had to learn a lot of stuff to be able to help Princeton execute his excersises correctly. The kid was determined and seemed to be coming along well.

"What?" Chloe said confused.

"Remember when I mentioned that they are an interesting bunch with some issues?" Garvin asked.

"Yeah?" Chloe raised an eyebrow. "I thought you just meant you know like the usual adoption depression sort of thing . . ."

"No theres more. Jesy and Princeton have different strains of schizophrenia, Leigh-Anne has an avoidant personality, Ray Ray has anger management issues and is obsessive, Jade is a tad bit sociopathic, also has anger issues yet is insecure . . ." Garvin took a breath.

"And let's not forget Prodigy and Roc Royal and their . . . lack of individuality?" Sophie said. "Not to mention how they've gone seemingly out of nowhere from disliking Jesy strongly to 'being in love with her'."

"And Nicki seems obsessed with them and can't seem to get past how 'adorable' they are. She also needs a reality check." Garvin ended.

"Huh . . . I guess they're worse off than they look." Chloe shrugged. "I'm sure we can help them. We just need the power of positivity." She grinned.

"Hmm. I hope they appreciate your perkyness more than I do." Garvin muttered. "Now we're gonna go over each kid and how they got into the state that they are in. And we're gonna try to come up with the best possible way to help them." He slammed a large notebook on the table along with a stack of pictures of the kids. "It's gonna be a long night ladies. You two are in for a few shocks. But it is important to treat the children like they are normal. Don't look at them differently because that could be hazardous to their mental states. Of course there are some instances when they need to be treated with more sensitivity or tenderness than a normal child will require but we will come to that in a bit. Lastly before I start to tell you all what I know which is not everything just what Nicki and I have gathered about them over the past months I need you to keep it secret."

_______________________________

Chloe sat in the living room area of Nicki's suite waiting for Perrie to come out for their first lesson. She was staring into space, her mind going on a loop as she remembered all that Garvin had told her and Sophie the previous night. Chloe couldn't believe it. She knew Sophie had known some of the stuff before but she had seemed just as shocked as Chloe was.