Chapter Four: Investigation

© Stephanie Stewart | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | 2017

__________________________________________________

I am so sorry for not writing. Here is an update for this one!! I've just been crazy busy and stressed. Plus, I'm having some health issues. Specialist soon for that.

-Steph

_________________________________

Chapter Four

Emile

"What are we going to do?" I sighed as I eyed him.

He rubbed his temples. "Let me go do some investigating." He said as he started walking off.

I started to chase after him. "WAIT!!!!!" I yelled until I finally caught up with him.

"Oh my.. You are so fast." I huffed out once I finally got him to stop.

He just laughed. "Did you want to help?" He said in a joking tone.

"Uh, yes!" I placed my hands on my hips and looked at him like he was crazy.

He sighed. "Well, I guess you can help me."

I smiled happily at him. "Thank you!"

He sighed and I followed him to a hotel, which I am guessing that he was staying at. I followed as he made it way through the hotel and to the elevator. The elevator ride was quiet. When we finally got to the floor, I followed him to the room. He opened up the door and ushered for me to go in first.

This was a very nice hotel. "Okay, so how do we begin this." I said in a chipper tone.

He just shook his head and grabbed a laptop. "We have to dig up information on Jason." He said as he logged onto his computer.

"How do we do that???" I said completely confused.

He looked at me and groaned. "You are such a princess.." He mumbled.

I looked at him and said, "I take offense to that!"

He just rolled his eyes. "Okay. We have access to this software called Auge, which means eye as you know."

"That is clever." I laughed

He shook his head at me again. "Can you find a photo of him for me." He said as he scooted away from his computer.

I smiled and scooted towards the computer. I pulled up Facebook and logged into my Sophie Account that my counsel had faked for me.  I found Maddie's page. I went through her friends and searched Jason. His was the first to pop up. I clicked his profile. I looked at Cole and gestured that  I found a photo.

He then nudged me to moved over, which I did. I let him take control back of the computer. He saved Jason's photo and transferred it into the program. The program analyzed Jason's face, and his features. I just stared amazed at this program.

"This is going to take a bit, you want some food?" Cole calmly asked me.

"Sure." I smiled at him. He got up and made his way to the kitchen he had in his hotel suite.

I followed behind him. He was swirling from cabinet to cabinet trying to find something. I stifled a laugh. He turned around and glared at me. I covered my mouth quickly, but the giggle escaped them.

"Seriously?" He sighed.

I calmed down before I spoke. "Cole, do you not have anything to cook?"

He rolled his eyes. "Not really.." He sighed

"Let's go get some food then." I said as I grabbed my stuff and made my way to the door.

He followed behind me. When I made it to the elevator I made sure to press the down button. It didn't take long for the elevator to open up. I made my way in first and allowed him to hit the number 1 button.

As the elevator started, I looked at him and said, "Do I annoy you?"

He looked down at me and sighed. "Why would you assume that Princess?"

I looked up at him nervously.  "I guess I've been pretty childish right?"

I know that me running from him was very childish the other day. I can't keep doing that. I will be 18 this month, and then I can take over as Queen... 

He sighed. "Somewhat, yes." He paused for a second then said, "I know you being forced to move to America for your safety was not something you wanted to do. You have a right to be kind of selfish."

I smiled up at him. Then made my eyes back to the elevator door, which was now opening. He made his way out of the door first. I know he was looking around to make sure the coast was clear. I noticed him do a motion with his hand to let me know that it was okay. I made my out of the elevator.  We began to walk to get some food.

I wanted to stay close to him, but it was hard due to the many people on the side walk. I guess he noticed my anxiety. He then looped his fingers around my hand and gave me a gentle squeeze. 

The walk was quiet. I couldn't get over the face that Jason may be involved in this. If he is, then what is his affiliation to the throne? That is the part that is confusing  to me.

When we stopped in front of a diner, I looked up at him and smiled. This diner was 50's themed. SO COOL!!!

We went inside and he dropped my hand. I almost protested it but I knew that would not go over well. He's finally opening up some, so I don't want to do something that makes him go back into the hard bodyguard shield he puts up around me.

I know he has to protect me and you aren't supposed to get involved. I know it's wrong what I am suddenly feeling for my bodyguard.

We ended up eating and really talking. It was nice. For once I saw him as a normal person and not my bodyguard.

I'm nervous to see what Auge pulls up on Jason.

TO BE CONTINUED....

____________________________________________________________________________
It's been so long since I updated this. I am so so sorry. Life gets too busy sometimes..

 I had so many plans for this book, I'm going to get back into all of my books! :)

-Steph