Chapter: Three (Secret is Out)

© Stephanie Stewart || 2015 || All Right Reserved

___________________________________________

So, I haven't updated in two years, so go back and re-read before you look at this! I am so sorry! I lost interest in writing this story, but I am back! I have many ideas! :)

Twitter: ScGirl2011

-Steph

__________________________________________________

Chapter Three

Secret is Out

"My cousin?" He said in a confused tone.

"Yeah, I am a distant cousin, but my parents are in some trouble, so they asked Uncle Keith here if I could stay." I said covering my accent.

"Hmm." He said as he rubbed his chin suspiciously. He wasn't too sure how to take this.

I just nodded at looked at Maddie with a pleading look. "Jason, you have been gone for months, we weren't able to get a hold of you to tell you." She sounded believable to me.

I studied the guy in front of me that I know as Jason now, with him being in the military, his hair was awfully long? I felt a little weird-ed out right now. Something felt wrong here.

Was he the one that took the shot at me? He looked like he did have some sort of military training. I gulped. I quickly hid my fear, and smiled at him. "Well, it was nice to meet you.. I am going to go outside for a run."

He nodded and said, "It was nice to meet you Sophie." The way he said Sophie sounded strange.

I ran up to the room and grabbed out my phone. I dialed Cole.

When he answered I spoke first. "Hey Cole, tror jeg, vi har et problem" (Hey Cole, I think we have a problem)

"Hvad er der galt prinsesse" (What is wrong Princess) He sounded worried.

I looked around and lowered my voice. "Vi er nødt til at tjekke Maddie bror .." (I think we need to check out Maddie's brother..)

"Mød mig udenfor." (Meet me outside.) He said in a hushed tone..

I grabbed some running clothes and went outside. This Jason kid, has me scared after someone tried to kill me. I made my way to the corner where I found Cole. I smiled weakly at him.

"Cole.. I feel really weird about this.." I was freaked out and I just wanted to be held. He must have noticed, he moved closer but he hesitated. Their number one rule is to not fall in love with the one that they are protecting and that means minimal contact.

I sighed and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me. "Cole we have to investigate him."

"I know Emile. I will look into it for you." He told me as he rubbed my back.

"Thank you." I said as I pulled away. His arms around me felt amazing. They made me feel safe.

"No problem. Now tell me more." He gestured towards the bench down the road. I nodded and followed him. I sat down onto the bench and sighed.

"Maddie's brother says he is in the military but military guys keep their hair short. His was past his ears, and it was shaggy. Maddie said he has been gone a few months and they couldn't reach him. But the way he looked at me, it scared me Cole. It felt like there is some kind of secret he has hidden. I felt like he knew something that involves me, but wouldn't say.. I am scared Cole. I think he had a part in that email or the trying to shoot me part. I just don't know." I sighed as I told him.

"That does seem a little odd.." He rubbed his chin, thinking.

"What do we need to do?" I said.

"Let me do some checking around before we do anything." He sighed. "Can you hang tight for a few hours, I'll call you when I have something."

I sighed and hung my head. He pushed my chin up with one of his fingers, so I was looking right at him. "Please hang tight for me."

I nodded, tears welling up in my eyes.

"I am going to protect you, nothing will happen to you Princess." He said powerfully, which made me believe. I know he will protect me.

I nodded. "I know Cole. Please find something out for me."

"I will." He said before rushing off.

I folded my arms around my chest and walked back to the house. I made my way inside. Maddie was upstairs in the bedroom. "Hey are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm good." I said as I sat on the floor.

"Did you want to discuss my secret?" I said.

"Do you mind explaining it to me?" She asked.

I shook my head and said, "No. Where do I start?"

This was going to be a very long night! Haha! I know Maddie had tons of questions!

_______________________
I hope you all enjoyed!

Vote & comment please!!

-Stephanie  😘

________________