Empty Promises - Chapter 3

I squinted as the sunlight blinded me when we walked out of the movie theater.

"That movie was AWESOME!" I say excitedly.

"I'm glad you liked it." He looked over his shoulder nervously.

"Harold Edward Styles! Do not tell me that movie scared you!" I start to laugh at him and ruffle his curls with my hand. "It's ok wittle boy. It was just a movie."

He swatted my hand away "It didn't scare me! I'm a grown man!" He tries to defend himself but he ended up looking like a lost puppy. I raise my eyebrows and smirk.

"Sureeeeee." I say sarcastically, letting him know that I was just playing with him.

"Anyways, where do you want to eat?" He quickly tries to change the subject.

"I don't know.. Where do you want to eat?" I ask him, trying to think of someplace.

"Hmm, how about Cheddar's?" He suggests. I stiffen when he says Cheddar's and look away.

**Flashback**

"God, Harry! You are such a child!" I laugh loudly as we sit in a corner booth at Cheddars while Harry throws another fry at me.

"I wonder what would happen if I put ketchup on this one and threw it at your new white dress." He smirks and lifts up a ketchup dipped fry, as if to throw it.

"NOOOOOOOO!" I yell a little too loudly. "You can't!" I try to shield myself with my napkin.

"And I won't find out." He laughs lightly and scoots closer to me in our burgundy colored booth, putting his arms around me. I look up at him.

"Thank you, Mr. Styles." I say in a posh voice. He leans his head towards the side of my face, until his lips are only centimeters away from my ear.

"You are the prettiest girl in the world and I'm the lucky guy ever to have you, Mads." He whispers softly. I giggled

"And I'm the luckiest girl to have a guy like you." I smile and look into his stunning green eyes. He leaned closer to me, our lips softly touching and then tenderly placing his lips onto mine, kissing me slowly and passionately. He reluctantly pulls away, "I love you." I say, looking up at him and blushing.

"I love you," He smiles "And I always will."

**Flashback Ends**

"....Or not?" He says slowly. Waving his head in front of my face. I shake my head.

"Oh sorry," I apologize. "I'm fine. Uhm, I'd rather not eat at Cheddar's. How about Chili's?" I suggest

"Yea sure, that's fine." He agrees. "Are you sure you're alright?" He asks again as we walk to the car, him opening my door for me and walking to his side. He starts the car and we drive towards Chili's.

"Yea.. I'm fine. I really am." I give him a reassuring smile and we pull up to the restaurant. Again, he opens the car door for me and we go in, sitting at a booth. We eat, him ordering the steak and southern style egg rolls and me getting the chicken fingers and fries. We finish and walk out.

"Hey, I'll be right back." He tells me when his phone starts to ring. He answers it and walks around the side of the building. I decided to sit on the little bench outside of the restaurant. A few minutes later I hear footsteps walking towards me. Thinking it was Harry, I looked up. Bad idea. Turns out it was a man who was about 5'11 and has blond spiked hair. He also had a dark look in his eyes as he was walking towards me.

"Hello pretty lady." He came closer, jerking me up from my seat on the bench and pulling me towards him. His hand was gripped tightly around my forearm and I winced.

"W-What do you want?" I ask, shaking.

"I want you and your money. Hand the purse over. Now." I didn't even think it was possible but he gripped my arm even tighter, twisting it as he did. I let out a murmur of pain as I reached for my wallet. "No, I want the purse too. It looks expensive."

"B-but it's a knock off..?" My reply came in more of a question than a statement. I really did not want to give him the purse that my mother had given me the day before she died. It was her favorite and it meant a lot to me.

"I said give me the purse!" He spoke harshly, letting go of my arm. I took this as a chance to run and I tried to do so, only seconds later feeling a hand grab my arm and a fist connect with my jawline. I screamed out in pain, falling to the ground.

"Hey!" I hear a familiar voice yell and footsteps rushing towards the mystery man and I. "That's my girl you're hurting!" Harry was angry. Very angry. A few seconds later I hear the sound of a fist connecting with a face. The man who had tried to hurt me staggered back in pain.

"I-I... Sorry man!" I hear the guy drop my purse and I look up to see him running quickly away. Harry offers me his hand and I take it, getting up.

"God Mads, I-I'm so sorry! I should've been here! I should've heard something!" He apologizes. I looked up at him, and without saying a word, I throw my arms around him, burying my face into his neck.

"Thank you." I murmur, still holding on to him tightly. He was a bit stunned, but he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Maddie don't thank me." He says. "It's my fault you were hurt." I pull away from the hug and look up at him.

"It wasn't your fault. You didn't know some psycho would show up and go all crazy man on me." We both laugh when I said that. "But you did save me and I'm very thankful that you were here to do so."

"I'll always be here for you Maddie. Don't worry about it." He smile and we walk to his car.

Harry drives me back to my flat and he walks me to my door. "Maddie, I had a really fun time today, aside from you almost getting mugged and maybe even worse. I hope you did too. And I really want you to forgive me." He looks at me with hope in his eyes.

"Harry, as much as I hate to admit it," I brush the hair out of my face and look up at him, smirking, "I had a fun too." The smile on his face was so wide. He looked so happy. I roll my eyes at his happiness and start to open my door.

"Goodnight Mads." He says, turning to walk away.

"Wait!" He turns to face me and I get on my tippy toes, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Goodnight Harry." And with that, I walk into my flat.

---------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Hiiiii guys! Ok, so I've decided to make my official update day on Mondays.

Also, I'm really sorry if these chapters are short. My laptop is broken -_- stupid electronics. I'm writing these chapters on my iPhone, so they seem long but on the website, it's probably only a couple of pages. So I just wanted to apologize about that.

Another thing is that I'm in high school and my work is very hard so Monday is the date that I'd like to update, but it's not set in stone.

Thank you guys so much for all the reads! Please comment! I'd love to know what you guys think of the story! And please vote also!!!

Ok little rant here: MY NAME IS SO OVERUSED. I'VE MET LIKE 10 MILLION (I'm exaggerating. It's what I do. Don't judge me) CAROLINE'S AND ITS GETTING OLD. WHY CAN I NOT HAVE A COOL NAME. MY SISTERS HAVE COOL NAMES. THEIR NAMES ARE HOLLAND AND REAGAN LIKE WHY CAN'T MY NAME BE COOL. Ok I'm done now. Thank you everyone who has read my little rant. Y'all (yes, I'm from the south. Y'all IS a word there) are truly awesome.

-Caroline's name is overused.