Empty Promises

*Flashback*

I giggled as he chased me around our flat.

"Maddie! Come on!" I heard him whine, beckoning me to slow down. He was coming close to catching me, his curly mound of silky brown hair bouncing as he ran out of energy. As if on cue, I felt two warm arms slither around my waist. I squealed as he turned me around and pulled me closer to his perfectly toned chest.

"Babe, you know you can't run from me. I'll catch you every time." He smirked his luscious pink lips and looked down at me, brushing a strand of my long brown hair out of my tan face as he stared into my chocolate brown eyes.

"Is that so, Mr. Styles?" I raised an eyebrow and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.

"It is, soon to be Mrs. Styles." His smile widened and his eyes glimmered. I removed my left hand from his neck to admire the diamond on my ring finger.

"It really is perfect. I'll never take it off." Harry glanced down at the ring vacating my manicured finger and then up into my eyes, his twinkling their bright green back into mine. He looked attentively down at my lips, and he slowly leaned in, tenderly planting a kiss and wrapping his arms around my small waist.

"..And I'll never stop loving you." He murmured, staring at me lovingly.

*Flashback Ends*

I shook my head, trying to rid myself from the thoughts of him. Harry. I just didn't know why he had to do what he did to me. He promised he would never stop loving me.. He promised never to hurt me.. I was a fool for trusting in his promises. His stupid empty promises.

At that moment, I realized I was crying. I brushed the tears that had rested on my rosy cheeks and slowly got up from my comfy window seat and made my way to my walk-in closet. If I didn't hurry, I was going to be late for my job at the local coffee shop. I threw on my burgundy abrocrombie t-shirt and slid my khaki shorts on. I laced my navy blue keds up and walked over to my antique vanity. I grabbed my blue hairbrush with the gel hand grip and quickly yanked it through my long matted hair. I decided to let it stay the way it was today since my hair was naturally straight anyways. I swiped on some mascara and lipgloss, then reached for my normal over abundance of bracelets, but in the process, I accidentally knocked my jewelry box off the ledge. Everything spilled out.. Including the black velvet box. I picked it up carefully, opening it to reveal the paper airplane necklace that I was going to give to Harry the day I found out about him and Britney...

*Flashback*

I put the key in the lock, turning it slowly so Harry wouldn't hear. I got off early from work and wanted to surprise him by going out to eat at Cheddar's, his favorite restaurant and giving him the paper airplane necklace that I bought earlier that week. I chuckled to myself, hanging my purse on the loop by the door and thinking how happy he'd be when he saw it. I swear that boy has some weird obsession with paper airplanes. The flat was quiet, so I figured he had gone on a walk since his immense amount of cars were still in the cold garage. I sat down on the black leather couch and turned on the tv to pass the time while waiting for him. After 30 minutes, I was getting bored watching the heinous tv soap opera that I had turned on and I headed upstairs. As I was nearing the top step, I heard muffled movements and what seemed like moans coming from our closed bedroom door. I quietly walked down the hallway, approaching the door, praying that what I was hearing wasn't true. I pulled out my phone and went back to the flight of stairs, so Harry couldn't hear me. I called his number and I heard the familiar ring of "Everything About You" by One Direction. The sounds stopped and Harry answered the phone.

"Hey Mads. What's up?" He panted

"I'm on my way home from work early today! I thought we could go get lunch? I'll be there in 10 minutes," I said, trying not to let my voice shake. "Are you ok.. You sound out of breathe."