Forgivness

"How are you and..." he began as I spoke at the same time.

"It's been...' we both stopped and he cocked his head to the side. The rain cascaded over my face, I hated the feel of water upon me but I was thankful for it for it masked our scent. How Jacob had found me was curious, but none of the other wolves would be able to. In the rain I could be invisible.

"You said..." I shook my head and stepped over the blood-drained deer, "she'd be better off dead, you," I paused, words choking inside my throat. The words I had heard or thought I had heard coming from him when I lost my child fell over me as unwanted as the rain.

"Bella!" his voice thundered over my words, taking them, tossing them to the ground, making them shatter into bits. "For ten years I have wanted to speak to you, tell you that your pain was also my own." I looked up, his eyes were black shards of midnight, darker than I remember them.

"How could you ever think I would say that. I don't care if she was Edward's, she was yours, too. You think I would want any part of you dead and gone?" The truth came spilling out of his lips, honesty shone in his face. I knew when Jacob was telling the truth or telling a lie, his lips curled slightly when he lied--uncomfortably. Now there was no curl.

With a sigh I fell to my knees, my face in my hands. I wish my tears were still human like my pain. Blood tears fell from my eyes. How could I have thought...

Ten years he lingered in my mind. The times when Edward and I felt miles apart my comfort, no matter how tiny, was thinking of Jacob.

Silently he came to me, I think he was confused, but he knelt before me and for the first time in a decade I felt a warm embrace. "Bella..."