Chapter three.

Chapter three

A scowl appeared on my face as I watched Leo lounge on the sofa. "Doesn't your mother care that you put your feet up on the sofa and laze around all day?" I asked him, crossing my arms over my chest. He looked over at me from his clipboard, shrugged and looked back down again. "Leo," I said his name in a stern voice. 

He sighed and sat up. "What, Zoey? You want me to think of ideas but you keep bugging me!" I glared at him. "You aren't one for jokes, are you?" He smirked. 

"No. I'm not one for your jokes. You're annoying; I would rather be doing this torture on my own." I leant back against the wall and closed my eyes. "If we aren't going to get anywhere with this, I'll just go." I waited for thirty beats before opening my eyes to see him watching me. "That's creepy, you know?"

"What is?" He blinked and looked away. 

"Staring at me. Why?" I tapped my pen against my leg impatiently. 

"I was thinking. If you're so determined to do this stupid thing, I suppose I'll help out - a bit." I nodded. "What about..." he tapped his chin for a few minutes before grinning. ”I have an idea." He told me his idea and I had to admit, it was pretty good. "We can charge or ask people to give a donation." I bit my lip. "I think giving an actual number would be good. Otherwise people might not give a donation." 

"Yeah. Okay. We'll think of that if they agree, yeah?" He nodded and wrote something down on his clipboard. "I'll ask Jas tomorrow to talk to them," I smiled. "Who knew you had good ideas." He frowned and went back to writing on his paper. We sat in silence for a few minutes before I decided it was best if I left. "I'll see you tomorrow. Three thirty on the dot in the gym, okay?" He waved his hand in dismissal. "Bye."

"See you." 

~

"You know you love me?" 

Jason turned to look at me. "I suppose..." He looked over his shoulder, towards the boys locker room doors. "What are you after?" 

"Can you ask the team to do a tiny favor for me?" I fluttered my eyelashes, in a small hope that I didn't look like an idiot. "It's nothing big..."

"What do you want them to do exactly?" He crossed his arms over his chest and leant against the lockers. "They probably won't do anything unless it benefits them," he told me. "Can we speed this along; I need to get changed before practice." 

"It's nothing too big. All they have to do is stand there and have a few... water balloons chucked at them..." I grinned sheepishly. He blinked and stared down at me. "What?"

"You're kidding, right? Why would they agree to that?" 

"It's a charity event to raise money for prom," I told him. I could see the team going into the locker rooms behind him. "Please, Jas?"

"Em... I don't think they'll agree to it. Sorry. You'll have to think of something else," he gave me a small smile before turning and walking into the changing room. I pursed my lips. He wasn't going to ask? I'll do it myself. 

The next hour I spent in the library working on the poster I would use to advertise the event, it came out pretty good - if I do say so myself. I looked through the library window to see the team walking back towards the locker room. I took a deep breath and made my way towards there. They couldn't exactly hide from me in there...

I gave it five minutes before I pushed open the door and walked into the room. Not a single boy noticed me until Jason turned around and said - loudly - "What the hell are you doing in here?"