Traped and Taken, Mikaela #7

Mikaela's chipmunk hopped from branch to branch, racing to the fairy tree. Whenever the chipmunk looked back, it saw not only his own puffy tail, but Mikaela's redish tail too. This made the chipmunk  have courage, two tails are better then one! She saw Rat's rat racing below her on the ground. Jumping over sticks and stones, and scurrying under logs.

When the tree came into view Mikaela nearly fell off her chipmunk. The erie purple glow surrounding the tree was breathtaking. She looked down from the branch she was on and to her surprise, didn't see Rat. He had probably already ran ahead into the battle. Mikaela took out her spear and urged her chipmunk forward. Nervusly the chipmunk broke into a jog. But as he got closer he picked up speed, until he was flying above the ground. He leaped into the bubble and nearly got hit by a stray arrow.

The chipmunk was now in battle mode. Like a little lion he jumped from evil fairy to fairy, knocking them down with his giant chipmunk paws, and swiping them away with his tail like flys. Mikie stabed anyone who got close to her ride. All around her good fairies were getting their weapons taken from them and were put in cages. Others put up such a fight that they couldn't fly any more. Some had just had enough and surrendered.

Mikaela's chipmunk had taken refunge under a giant root. Mikie got off and fell to the ground. She was worried and exhausted. She hadn't seen Rat and she feared he had been taken. Her spear felt like a pound ( which is a lot for an elf ) and her legs felt like noodles from riding. She looked at her ride and sighed. The chipmunk whimpered, I'm sorry.

"You can talk?" Asked the surprised Mikaela.

"Yes...... I'm sorry I, Treepaw have failed you...." The chipmunk stood up, shaking. He turned around and revealed a cluster of arrows coming out of his side.

"Oh, no I'm the one who's failed. I didn't protect you enough! Gosh... I'm sorry I dragged you into this...."

"It was my duty to serve you, you are my leader......" Treepaw said. "You have a special connection with my kind.... You are like one of the original elves. You have a symbol, the tail. Our pride and joy. You were born to lead us...... I Bless you in the name of Starnut. Make us proud Mikaela....I beg you-"  Treepaw fell to the ground as his soul left him.

A single tear left Mikaela's eye. She gripped the spear harder and walked away from her new friend, Treepaw. A trail of blood caught her eye. She couldn't save Treepaw but maybe she could save whoever this is...

She followed the blood to a hole in the tree. A soft glow made the hole not completely dark.

"GO AWAY" Mikie jumped, she didn't expect a warm welcome but this was a little rude. Since most elves play trickes on others, elves are supost to be very accepting. But Mikie can't stand others being rude.

"It's only me. I found the blood trail. We should move before the human piosoned fairies see it." Mikie answered.

"How do I know you are not one of..... them." Asked the voice. Mikie could tell it was a female fairy. As it spoke the light got a little brighter.

"The Catchers do not recruit many elves. And elves are harder to poison by humans. I think the odds are that I'm not one of them." When ever she explained something is sounded more perfessional then is should. "My name is Mikaela and I'm fro-" Mikie felt a sharp pain spread down her ears. She winced and did what came naturally. Stabed with her spear. She aimed low and caught a fairy in her thigh.

In the corner of her eye she saw a fairy with an arrow tangled into her hair come out of the tunnel. Immedietly a fairy dressed in black grabbed the tangled arrow and started flying away with her.

"THATS RUDE!" the short glowing fairy said as she tryed to pry off the fingers holding the arrow.

"Obviously she cant stand rude people like me" Mikie muttered under her voice as she stabed at the mean fairies. She was outnumbered 10-1, so when all the fairies took action together, Mikie couldn't defend herself in time. A fairy grabbed the spear from Mikie and hit her in the gut. The air got knocked out of Mikie's lungs from the hit and she went fell to the ground gasping for air.

"Ha", one of the fairies laughed. "Not so powerful now are you." The mean fairy grabed Mikie by the throat. Meanie lifted Mikie off the ground and watched as she gasped for air. It was a horrible feeling, her lungs were burning and her throat was painfully squeezed. On top of that she couldn't think straight, her only thoughts were "Need more air". The fairy let go and once again Mikie fell to the ground. "Take her away, we still have work to do", the fairy ordered. As she left she spat in Mikie's hair. The other seven fairies followed suit and flew away following her.

The two fairies left with Mikie grabed her by each arm and flew off. They stoped in front of a cage. Once they landed on the ground Mikie colasped into the ground. The fairies threw the spear into the cage with Mikie and flew away. She still couldn't breath properly and her throat hurt.

Once she caught her breath she looked at the other fairy in the cage. Surprize, surprize, it was the little fairy she was trying to help. Her hair was filled with clumps of blood, no doubt from the arrow, and one of her wings had a hook pierced through it. Miki took out an animal tooth from her belt and started cutting away at the fairy's hair.

Strand after strand she cut out the arrow, then carefully pulled out each of the hooks. Once she was done a light glow came from the fairy's back, right between her wings. Miki laughed solfly to herself, it was the last thing she expected. She fell asleep with a slight smile on her face.