Chapter 27

A/N

I'm sooooo sorry that this is so late. I was grounded from my iPod from Saturday night to Monday afternoon, when I had a lot of shit to do.

Then I saw the Lion King (great musical) last night and I got back late and I fell asleep before I could finish this.

Sorry!

Btw, I originally had the idea for Louis's part of this chapter, but I completely forgot about it, so thank you to @123queendon and @haroldsbuttons9 for suggesting it and reminding me!!!

Love you!

************************************

Louis's POV

Really, therapy was stupid.

I went once a week, and in the two weeks since I had spoken to Eleanor, Dr. Benson hadn't gotten a single word from me.

I simply sat and stared stonily at him.

I was doing everything but improving. I'd started locking my bedroom door so that Stan couldn't drag me out until he picked the lock.

If I had been able to withstand reality for even a moment, my heart would have broken when I saw how I was affecting my mum and sisters.

Lottie had charged into my room one day and started yelling at me about how she heard our mum crying all the time and how I had no consideration for how I was hurting her and my sisters and Jesus, was I even listening?

The only time I ever really spoke was snapping retorts at Stan, occasionally grunting at my mum or the girls, and I had talked to Liam briefly. He had called me to tell me that we had another interview in a week.

It was apparently a TV interview, which I had grumbled about. I felt more at ease talking to Liam, because he did know everything that had happened to me.

I hadn't told him what Eleanor and I had talked about. That subject was trapped in my mind, driving me steadily insane.

Eleanor was wrong. I was never in love with Harry. Yes, I had had the smallest of crushes during the X Factor, but it had disappeared.

He had been my best friend; I cared a lot about him.

I was actually pretty angry that she had dared to tell me that I was unknowingly in love with him. She sounded like one of our fans.

I was sitting in Dr. Benson's office, scowling at him.

He talked idly, occasionally prompting me to speak, but I never did. He didn't seem irritated by it, which I found weird.

I bit my lip and picked at a thread on the couch.

"You know, I was driving the other day, and I heard that interview you did a few weeks ago," he said.

I looked up.

"Do your fans know that you haven't been visiting Harry?" he continued.

My jaw tightened. I saw something like recognition in his eyes. He had just been made aware that it was quite a sore subject for me, if he didn't already.

"No," I mumbled, "They don't."

Dr. Benson looked pleased.

"Why?" he asked.

"You know nothing about the PR industry, apparently. They can't know that I haven't been seeing him. They'll want to know why and they'll start making up their own theories, which will probably be fairly accurate, knowing them. But we'd either have to lie, which we hate doing, or tell the truth, which then would result in saying that Harry's in love with me and that's why he tried to kill himself. And that can't happen," I said.