Chapter 2 | Memory.

That is Amber Monte played as Madeline Mercedes.

____________________

Today was a Monday morning. I had to wake up Maria and get her ready for the day.

Last night, she had fallen asleep so I tucked her in, then went to bed.

I threw the covers off of me then walked to Maria's room.

"Maria..it's time to get ready for school." I shook her gently as she slowly woke up.

"Bath or shower?"

"Bath."

I ran her bath with bubbles, and when she got in I went to take myself a shower.

I changed into grey leggings with a black v-neck. I put on vans and let my hair fall down. I then put on mascara, and my nose ring was already in.

This time, I put in the small diamond. I got my nose pierced when I was like 21.

I went back to Maria's room and picked out her outfit. It was black skinny, but stretchy, jeans with a white top that had the words Princess written on it.

I dressed her in it as she got out and put lotion on her, I put on her black and white converse and I braided her hair into french braids.

She grabbed her backpack and we went to the kitchen. I made her a bowl of cereal as I packed her lunch.

"What did you want today?" I asked.
"Sandwich, chips, and juice pouch!" She replied.

"Okay, are you ready?" I asked as I gave her the lunch bag. She nodded and we walked to my car and drove to her school.

"Mommy, today we get to go on the computers! I'm excited." she said.
I smiled, "You really like computers, huh?"
"Yeah, they're fun. I like to play the dress up games!"

I chuckled, "Well maybe we are going to have to buy a computer."
I heard her gasp and I could practically feel the smile on her face, "Yay!"

I pulled into her school and got her out the car. I walked her to where the teacher always stood.

"Hello, Ms. Monte, it's nice to see you." the teacher said. I smiled, "You too, Mrs. Lawson."

I bent down to Maria's height and smiled at her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a hug, I hugged her back and kissed her cheek.

"I love you, be good in school, okay?"
"Okay, mommy. I love you too," she went with the teacher and I watched them walk in class.

I went back to my car and drove home.

*

I was getting ready for work now. It has been two hours since I dropped Maria off.

Her school starts at 8am, and I don't have to be at work until 10am, then I get off at 2pm, and Maria gets out of school at 2:20pm.

I changed into black skinny jeans with a white shirt and my name tag pinned on it. I put my hair in a nice ponytail and touched up my makeup.
I added earrings and a few rings on my hands.

I sprayed perfume, grabbed my purse, and was out the door.

"Hey, Jared!" I greeted just as I walked in. I work at a bar, just a few blocks away from my house. It was called The Jazzy Bar.

Jared was the manager here. Our boss was Kian. He smiled at me, "Hey, what you been up to?"
"Same thing I said the last time you asked me that exact question, the usual."