Undiscovered Secrets - Chapter 3

Chapter 2 Recap

"Well, night then." Faye spoke sleepily which thankfully, disturbed Maya from remembering that night, as she was starting to wish she hadn't thought about it. It was only then when she realised she had been looking out of Faye's bedroom window. What she saw out the window sent a shiver up her spine. The dark figure!

Chapter 3 - Locked In

She leaped up from where she had been sitting and closed the curtains. "Night." She whispered, trying to make her voice more even as it was shaking from what she saw outside. She slowly turned off Faye's light and shut her door, trying not to make Faye suspicious or worried and ran downstairs. As soon as she got to the front door she shut all the locks as fast as she could. She turned on her mobile in case Faye's parents came back early, and went round the whole house making sure all the doors and windows were shut.

That's when she heard a sound from the hallway. A lump built in Mayas throat and her muscles tensed. She looked around the kitchen to find anything heavy that she could hit him with. She picked up the closest thing next to her; a rolling pin. She slowly walked towards the hall, trying her best to keep quiet. She finally reached the door, and swung it open.

She raised the rolling pin. Aiming for the space where the door had been. And that was when her hand stopped halfway in the air. There was nothing to hit. She looked down the hallway, and back at the door. The door was still locked. Then, she heard a creaking sound, like a door being opened.

She started to panic, wondering if the boy was already inside. She decided to be brave, and her sweaty palm tightened around the rolling pin. She opened the living room door ready to thrust in the air if he was there. But he wasn't. She doesn't know her way around the house quite well, and trying to find where the noises came from was a hard task. She started to shake, wondering whether she would get lost in this big house, so she decided to go see if Faye was alright. But then, she heard a clash of pots and pans from the kitchen behind her.

Don't Panic, Don't panic. She chanted in her head, hoping it would calm her. She ran up the stairs and darted to Faye's room. As soon as she was in she closed the door and leant against it breathing heavily. When she finally caught her breath she looked up, to find Faye sat up straight staring down at her with worry painted across her face, and panic set deep into her eyes. I must have startled her, what do I tell her?

"I think" She spoke trying to not freak Faye out "there's someone in the house" She stood up trying to be brave when she heard a clatter just beneath the room. 

"Are you sure? Have you seen them? Shall we check it out? Or call someone?" Faye asked calmly. Maya looked up again to find Faye calm with her head raised.  

"No" Maya shook her head "Ill sort it." She whispered as she picked the rolling pin back up, which had fallen on the floor when she ran in.  

"Wait, why don't I come with you?" Faye asked.  

"It's too dangerous." Maya Replied. 

"I know the house better than you do, and you will get lost, what if they get me before you?" 

Maya Sighed, shaking her head, "I suppose, but only so I can protect you." 

Faye replied with a slight smile and frown at the same time, as she didn't want to be protected.

They headed downstairs slowly, trying not to be heard and listening out for any indication of where the boy might be. That's when they heard the noise of something metal. It came from a room at the other side of the house. "It came from the dining room." Faye Whispered in a hushed tone. Maya nodded and let Faye lead the way.

When they reached the door Maya's heart was pounding and her breaths had increased. She stepped in front of Faye and put her hand on the handle. Sweat began to pour out of her and when she looked to see how Faye was she noticed she had started to shake. "You're shaking." Maya whispered. 

"So are you." Faye pointed out. Maya looked down at herself as she didn't realise just how much she had been shaking. She stood up straight to try and stop the shaking and turned the handlebar.

She shoved the door open and was ready to attack for the second time when, again, nothing. She tossed her head from side to side checking whether there was any clue of the boy being there. "He might be still here, theirs loads of places in this room he could be." Faye whispered fearing the same thing, that the boy still has a chance of finding them before they find him. 

"This house is way too big." Maya whispered sarcastically. Accept there was no reply. Maya expected something clever to come out of this confident girl's mouth, even if she is ten, yet there was nothing.

Maya turned around to ask her what was wrong when she noticed that Faye had disappeared. Fear pumped its way around Maya, making her not think straight. What if the boy's got her? What if she's gone forever? What should I tell her parents? What... What...? Maya thoughts whizzed around her head, what do I do? "Faye!" she finally came up with in a scream.  

"Faye?" She called out. 

"Quieten down, he might hear us!" she heard someone whisper coming from behind her in the dining room. It was Faye. "I went to check whether he went out the other door, and it was open." 

"So where is he?" she asked in a quieter tone. Then she heard a clash of something metal coming from the kitchen. She then heard an ear piecing screech and realised she was screaming when Faye reached up and covered her mouth with her hand.

Faye had leaded the way into the hall and opened the kitchen door. It was only then when she realised it was pitch black outside and the kitchen light wasn't on. Red eyes stared out at them. Maya had to cover her own mouth with her hand to stop her from screaming.

----------------------- 

END OF CHAPTER 3

Cliffhanger!! xD lol 

Please vote if you enjoyed the story so far, when i get atleast 5 votes i will upload Chapter 4!!! So if you want to find out who this dark figure is ... VOTE! Thanks!! x

Thanks For reading and please comment as this is my first story and tell me what you think! Thanks .x