Undiscovered Secrets - Chapter 11

Chapter 11 – Aftermath

Through her green eyes of envy and the jealousy coursing through her veins Maya found her body responding even without asking it to. She felt her arms go over Luke’s shoulders until her hands wrapped around his neck so she could drag him closer. His lips met hers.

Never mind the envy and the jealousy, it was anger which compelled her to do what she did next. Her lips met his angrily like she was forcing all of her anger out on him, its not him she wanted to force her anger out on though. What she wasn’t expecting was to be soothed by the kiss. She felt Luke’s hands ease the tight grip she had on his neck and his thumbs massage circles into her hands whilst his lips forced hers to grow softer.

Only then did she truly see what was in front of her. It was like she was noticing Luke for the first time, with new eyes in a new light. It was that, that confused her.

Maya jumped back, forcing herself out of the kiss. She held her head as if it might burst, staring into Luke’s eyes. The crowd chose then to respond and a chorus of “Ooo’s” and “No Way’s!” swam its way across the pool room. As if just noticing the crowd, Maya blinked away from Luke’s eyes causing a tear to roll slowly down her cheek.

Slowly Maya’s head moved to glance at the spectators, and then back at Luke. Then as if dreading the moment her head turned in the opposite direction and her tear stained eyes looked straight at Phoenix’s before she jumped out of the pool in a dash and ran straight out of the room, only with the flick of her wrist did she have time to grab a towel by the door.

The crowd then grew silent.

*                      *                      *                      *                      *

I couldn’t stand it. I couldn’t stay the hate, I couldn’t stand the confusion and I couldn’t stand the feeling of betrayal. Which is why I had to get out of there. So I ran, I ran away, straight to my room. I got changed into my pyjamas and opened the Mission File. I was hoping it would take my mind off things.

Yeah were not together me and Phoenix, but I couldn’t help feeling like he’s betrayed me, and now I him. Then there’s me kissing Luke, I shouldn’t have done that to Luke, I shouldn’t have lead him on like that, it’s not fair.

I was relaying the events of tonight when I heard muffled voices outside of the dorm room. Immediately I turned out my light, threw the mission file on the floor and laid down to pretend I was asleep. I then heard the door click open and the muffled voices became more clear.

“Grace?” came Luke’s voice.

“We shouldn’t be here, she obviously wants to be alone.” That sounded to be Phoenix, and he definitely got that right.

“Oh, she’s asleep,” said the more girlish voice in the world, which was obviously Grace. “You guys should go.”

“Wait, what’s that?” said Luke, “What! She’s going on a mission?” he must have found the file.

“Shh! Guys be quiet!” Grace whispered

“Yeah, the one me and Aden are going on tomorrow.” Phoenix replied.

“How can she go on a mission? She’s not even a spy yet!” Luke whispered, obviously he listened to grace’s warning.

“Its not like she’s going to get hurt, ill be there.”

“Guys, just go, you can take it outside, she’s going to wake up soon if you don’t.” Grace warned

I then heard retreating footsteps, the clicking of a door a grace saying “The coast is clear, you can stop pretending.”