Mission number 3: Trapping the Prey

<<don't own death note u know that >>

The girl you don't know's POV:

As we arrived at the Yagami household I stepped out of the cab while Light paid our driver. It had grown late already, almost eight. Mr. Yagami should be back already... I analyzed the manga through my eidetic memory. Being full of justice and all that crap Light's dad should feel obligated to let me stay for a while. The women probably won't object. Th world of death note is full of over emotional, clingy women. As he led me throughoodoorway, I let a soft sighing sound escape my lips. Allowing my legs to give way I collapsed onto the ground and "fainted". Astounded by the sudden weakness, Light instinctively held me by the waist and carried me to inside.

"Mom!Dad! Sayu! Come here it's important!" he shouted urgency resounded in his voice. I heard a collective gasp. Probably the overemotional women.. I smirked inwardly. Light should take up acting, he's doing a great job.

"Who is this? Where did you find her?" Mr. Yagami demanded while checking my vitals.

"I don't know I found her near our house when I came back." He replied "I couldn't just leave her there she's only about Sayu's age!"

"Alright, calm down Light, I know you mean. What you did was right." The elder man responded sighing with relief that I wasn't in critical condition, "I'll ask her some questions tomorrow, for now...just let her rest in the living room, she must be tired."

"I'll leave some food for her on the living room table." Mrs. Yagami chimed in.

"Not something too heavy, just give her some bread. If she's been starving and eats too quickly she'll just end up vomiting it out." Light instructed....Light you s.o.b. don't deprive me of a nice meal...I was laid down on something soft and heard the sound of a dish being laid down next to me. I felt something wet go over my wounds. By the creaking of the stairs I could tell that both Light and Mr. Yagami left the room while Sayu and Mrs. Yagami wiped down my body with a wet towel. They put new clothes on me, tucked me in and turned off the lights before going up the stairs themselves. I listened carefully to their steps. My eyes blinked open and I waited for them to adjust to the darkness. Their living room had a clock. Hrmnn

------------------------

After waiting a decent hour and a half I heard everyone's snores echo throughout the house. I sneaked out of the futon they had laid out for me and sneaked up the stairs. Hmm 5th, 8th and 9th step... Using my memory I skipped the few steps that creaked and found Light's room. Yaaaay name door signs~ I ignored the pencil lead on Light's door. Can't let him know my level of intelligence just yet. I pushed the door up and opened it while doing so to avoid creaking. Light was writing in his death note. Big surprise. Such a flashy method of writing...

I reached from behind him and covered his mouth with my palm while pressing my finger against his neck. He kept his cool outwardly, typical Light, however his pulse raced.

"It's me smart ass." I whispered before letting him go. He opened his mouth to speak before I held my hand out to him. "Shut up for a second." I said bluntly, "Firstly, yes, I was faking if I didn't then they wouldn't have let me in. I looked pitiful didn't I? A poor girl fainted from fatigue and possible blood loss all dirty and bloody hair tangled as if I've been through a lot. Secondly, you really suck...dudeeee I haven't eaten all day...." I glowered while he stared at me. "And thirdly, while we're here let me touch the death note I want to be able to see Ryuuk. " He sighed reluctantly.

"Fine..." He muttered, " I don't even know why I'm doing all this for you...You probably don't know who he is anyways."

"Yes, however, I still know all about the death note and your little, 'hobby'. Wouldn't it would be much smarter to have me on your side as well as close?"

He ignored me.

"Close your eyes and turn around." I did as told when I felt the swipe of paper pass my finger tip. "Alright, turn around" Once again I obeyed, opening my eyes. Before me was a dark tall figure eating an apple now. I smirk at the death god.

"Hai..." I grinned and waved

"This girl's interesting Light." Ryuuk said in his rough slightly grizzly like voice in between snickers.

"Oh why thank you" I replied.

I stole his keyboard and looked around his list of criminals. I found a woman under the name of Misil Willard a criminal on the run who died very recently from Light's little hobby, half American half Japanese, age thirty-two years. Perfect. I looked out the window and noticed the red in the sky. We had talked for quite a while. I left Light's room and headed towards the kitchen. I grabbed one of Light's bags of chips and a glass of water. I found the salt and mixed a hefty spoonful into the glass. I quickly swallowed the saline solution as quickly as I could despite the horrible taste. After waiting a good twenty minutes I vomited into the sink. Grimacing at the horrible aftertaste I drank a normal glass of water and ate the food laid out for me as well as the bag of chips. My stomach should be decently empty now after vomiting. If they did do a medical check up I wanted to make sure nothing seems off.

After a few hours Mrs. Yagami and Sayu came downstairs. I looked at the two sitting up from my futon. They kinda just...fussed over me. Gave me good food...mmm food...nomnomnomnomnom. Then they kinda pushed me into the shower with some of Sayu's clothes. After a night in the park and the bloodiness I'm somewhat desperate for soap... I washed up and went over my wounds carefully so they won't get infected. Stupid dirt....so hard to scrub out. I put on Sayu's clothes, a pink flowing tanktop and white shorts, and brushed my teeth with a new toothbrush I found in the drawers. After drying my hair I stepped out and went downstairs to find the family eating breakfast.

Mr. Yagami cleared his throat and gestured to the empty seat in front of him. I sat down in it.

"Thank you very much for letting me stay for the night-" I started.

"For the night? What are you talking about?" Light interrupted.

"Yah you can't leave! You almost died!" Sayu cried. So overdramatic...

"You're staying, at least until we find your parents." Mrs. Yagami contributed. I squeezed my eyes shut suddenly and gritted my teeth.

"Hey...are you okay?" Light reached for my shoulder.

"It...hurts...." I trembled as if in immense pain.

"Let's take you to the doctor." Mr. Yagami threw on his jacket and lifted me to the car.