Chapter 17: A Promise Sealed With A Kiss

*****
Levi's PoV

"Where the fuck are you going to take me, shitty brat?"

After what happened in our café, Eren told me that he's not yet finished and that we're going somewhere. Where that 'somewhere' is? I don't fucking know. All I know is that there's something waiting for me there. Hell, it can be a damn murderer or human trafficker for all I know.

"Just wait a little more, Levi. A bit of patience wouldn't hurt."  The way he said that has a bit of humor in it but it didn't worked the way he expected. I just looked at him blankly which made him uncomfortable.

"Just a little more, Levi. It'll be worth the wait. I promise." He took glances at me while driving to check if he made any progress. He didn't. "Don't you trust your boyfriend? ~"

Your boyfriend

That caught me off guard. I'm still not used to it, considering that not even an hour had passed, but it feels so damn good to hear that, especially from him. He's my boyfriend, not anyone else's. Eren Fucking Yeager is mine.

I huffed and leaned my back to the car seat, looking outside with my arms crossed. I can almost hear Eren's grin, knowing that he won. We continued traveling in silence, him focused on the road while I watched many buildings passed by.

The longer he drives, the farther away from the city we become. He played the stereo and started humming along with some songs. Not that I'm complaining, the brat has a nice voice so hearing it isn't like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

"We're here." The car stopped and he went outside to open the car door in my side. Acting like a gentleman, eh?

I looked around and saw nothing but the road, trees, trees, more trees and guess what? More trees! With a frown on my face, I looked at the brat.

"What. The fuck. Is this? Don't tell me we drove for half an hour just to look at these goddamn trees?"

He chuckled before he held my hand. It feels like my anger immediately dissipated into thin air. Damn it Levi, can't you at least hold on to your anger even just for a fucking minute?

The answer is no, not for the brat at least.

" I had something to show you and no, it's not the trees. We just need to walk for a while." He squeezed my hand before he looked down at me. "Let's go now?"

Rolling my eyes, we started to walk deeper inside the woods. The place is dark due to the trees' entwined branches, blocking the light coming from the moon. Eren held a flashlight, just enough to give us enough light to see our way.

" Eren, if there's a fucking murderer or human trafficker in the place you're leading me I'm going to fucking kill you." He laughed loudly in response, his voice seeming to echo in the large, isolated place.

"Stop thinking about such ridiculous things, Levi. We're near. Be a little more patient."

We continued walking as he led me. The brat looks like he knew the place so damn well. Our surroundings started to become a little brighter, the light illuminating from the moon can now pass between the spaces of the trees.

He abruptly stopped, tugging my hand which made me stop as well. I looked at him in confusion as he took something out of his pocket. What he took is a white cloth and it made me more confused.

"What is that for?" He moved himself and is now positioned behind me, the white cloth is held with two hands.

" I need you blindfolded when we get there. Trust me, okay?"