What Angel's Dream

What Angel’s Dream

Tears ran from her eyes as she stood at the gate of the cemetery as the rain fell down around her. Three years...  After Michel’s funeral she had not been back to the Black grove Cemetery, perhaps she could blame it on not ever truly believing him to be dead and coming here would only be accepting defeat. The thunder over her cracked loudly as if demanding her to go forward. Slowly, she took a step forward. Her black coat hung loosely around her as the rain began to get heavier. Like tears from heaven feeling the pain she was feeling as she moved forward.

The years did not affect her memory of where he was, it was as if she came everyday, even in this darkness she knew, she knew exactly where he was. Lightening pierced the sky causing the entire cemetery to light up, showing the way as she walked on.

Her legs felt like led as she finally made her way to the site, area C-12... C, for Crash... Like the crash that started all of this, the crash that stole her life, stole his life... Her tears had become sobs as she slowly knelt before the tall grave stone, the darkness hiding the carvings, but she knew what was there... Michel Dayonty... Who’s love will live forever on through his loved ones...

She lowered her head as imagines of the crash filled her mind, she could see herself being thrown from the car, see herself looking up to see her beloved pined inside the diver’s seat, the smell of gas, and then flames... Flames and screams. The sound of her voice crying for him and his crying for her...

A loud boom came over head that made her heart jump, looking up just as lightening flew overhead lighting the grave marker. But as it did she looked at the stone with confusion and shock, stumbling back.

“No...” she whispered as lightning struck behind her over and over, as if heavens cruel way of showing her what she was seeing was not a trick. Before her was not the name of her beloved, but hers...

“What is this... what is THIS!” she began crying as she backed away, but as she did she looked down at her hands, only they were not her own, but his... “no” she said again, only her voice much deeper, with a accent that was like his, her mind reeled as she looked at herself, but it was not her body, but his. Touching her face, her tear and rain stricken face which was not hers, but his... Her mind reeled, but not with her thoughts, but his.... “...no” He said as he collapsed to the ground, “It was her... it was her” he whispered as he stared at the grave. A figure walked up slowly behind Michel and sighed, causing him to jump, turning to look upon the figure in the darkness he saw it was a man, he was dressed in all black as a sad look appeared over his eyes.

“Now you finally understand, it was never you that died, now remember the truth” he said as he touched Michel’s shoulder, causing his mind to reel back.

“It was right after the holidays...”

*A vision of Michel and Alicia came into view as the two were driving*

“She insisted on driving the rest of the way to your vacation spot”

*Michel could see them arguing about who was going to drive, but like always she won with logic and a threat of not speaking the entire trip which he knew she would do and make him feel guilty*

“The truck came up on her side from across the island”

*Her smiling face appeared to him as the lights of the truck shown brightly behind her head as he looked on in shock as she turned*

“You were the one thrown from the car from the force,”

*Michel’s legs and face were bleeding as he laid upon the ground as he heard the sound of metal settling, the air filled with the smell of gas*

“And she was the one pinned inside”

*Screams filled his ears, of both hers calling for him and his calling for her as he forced himself to his feet, moving closer as the car suddenly engulfed with flames, the heat keeping him at bay as she burned screaming*

“It was to much for you and you fell Michel, fell within your own mind, into a coma... as you are still in now”

Michel blinked as the vision faded and he looked at the man, moving back from.

“What?! Wha- no, No this can’t be real, it can’t be!” Michel cried as tears fell from his eyes.

“It isn’t... not this my love” said a calm, loving voice. Michel turned to find Alicia standing there, a smile upon her face as she walked up to him, looking just as the day he last saw her. Her dark hand touched his face gently, wiping his tears.

Michel touched her face and looked at her with love, “Alicia...oh my Angel, I missed you so much”

“As have I, and now it is time for your suffering to end so that we can be together, forever”

**********

The soft beeping sound of the heart monitor filled the hospital room, Alicia’s father sat quietly as he looked at Michel upon the bed.

“It will be three years today... I always wondered why she had to die instead of you, but who knows, maybe she got the better end of the deal” He said looking at Michel’s motionless body. “you know the only reason why I have been keeping you alive is in hopes to talk to you face to face, although I told the misses I understood that my daughter loved you and we were the only family you had. But now... Now you are all I have left of her.” he said leaning forward. “But if you are suffering, I’m not going to put you through it anymore, my wife is gone now, and I’m not going to make you suffer with me” he said standing up. “I forgive you,” He whispered as he walked out of the rooms to tell the doctors to go ahead, missing the single tear that fell down his face just as the gentle beeping became one steady sound.

“Goodnight my sweet prince, I will be waiting for you on the other side...”