Chapter Seven

Hey guys! I changed some things.

In a prior chapter, I wrote that silver in a werewolf's bloodstream can kill them slowly and painfully, but I thought that would be too easy to kill wolves then, so I changed to so silver in the head or heart can kill wolves. I hope you guys all get that!

Anyway, I hope you guys like this! This took ages to write and has about 3000 words! Longest chapter so far. :] The next chapter will introduce the new pack!

I think this was a really sad chapter, but I don't know. Tell me what you think.

Vote. Comment. Fan. Share to your friends!

-Tavita

***

Chapter Seven

***

His eyes were so gorgeous. They expressed so many emotions: love, joy, adoration...for me. The smile parting his perfectly curved pink lips was breathtaking. His windswept, dark brown hair curled over the collar of his shirt and a few rogue strands fell over his eyebrows. He had the face of an angel: my angel.

I leaned into his touch as his palm caressed my cheek lovingly. His skin was so warm and comforting. My eyelids fell shut slowly as I let his soothing touch breeze through me. I felt his body come in contact with mine, fitting together like a puzzle piece, our souls intertwined, our fingers locked together as he held my face with one hand. We were meant to be like this, together, always.

"I love you, Cadrian," his deep voice said lowly. When I looked at him, I saw that his eyes - such a beautiful color of forest green tinted with teal and gold – glimmered with emotions.

"I love you, Xavier," I whispered back. His lips neared mine as he tenderly wrapped a gentle hand around the back of my neck, pulling me closer and closer until our lips were centimeters away from each other...

 ~           

"Cadrian...," a voice said as I felt hands shaking me awake. I groaned and turned onto my side, refusing to wake. I wanted to go back to sleep, back to my dream where I had felt Xavier's warm, muscular arms around me. It was where I belonged, where I was forever meant to be.

"Cadrian!" The voice was a little sharper now. Stifling another moan of annoyance, I let myself slowly begin to wake. My eyes flickered open and I looked to see Sara, the woman who worked in the homeless shelter, standing there with a sympathetic look on her face.

I reluctantly sat up, still lost in longing for the dream to be reality. I was so close, so close to feeling my mate's lips on mine. If Sara had just woke me up a mere minute later...Shaking away the thoughts, I rubbed my eyes and then stretched, my flimsy blanket bunching around my hips. "What's up, Sara?" I asked, tiredly.

"Honey...," she started with an apologetic tone. I looked at her quizzically. We had come to be really close in the months I had been here. Besides the part where I was a Lycan, I had told her about what my life was like back at the pack house and she had sympathized with me, sharing her secrets as well that she had been abused when she was younger. She became a parent figure to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, tiredly. I had walked around for so long last night, trying to get a job, but nobody wanted to hire a homeless sixteen-year-old girl with hardly any education.

"Cadrian, your time ends tomorrow, it's the three month mark, sweetie, and you can only stay here with for three months." Sara looked so sad; she knew I couldn't find a job.