Best Night Of My Life.

I hope you like it :)

Chapter one

No one could believe it. Every girl who had worked hard for this to happen, for this night to be magical was crushed. Me and my best friend, co-writer for the school newspaper and all time favourite person, Ally James, stood on the stairs, looking down on the chaos below us. I hadn't heard the full story, but from what I had heard, it wasn't pretty. 

"What do you think will happen?" Ally asked, looking down at the girls huddled together, close to tears. I shrugged and scanned the crowd. "Emmery?" I looked at her. "Should we go... comfort them? We need to find out what happened to post it in the paper." 

"I know," I told her. "But it's a bit soon. I know we should get there before it dies down but everyone is so... hurt over this. I don't see why, it's only prom," I rolled my eyes. Yes, the big chaos was over prom. Our final dance before we graduate. I didn't see the big deal but clearly everyone else did. I saw two girls give me a dirty look, I scowled back at them. "What, because I dislike prom, you think I did this?" I called after them. 

"Em..." Ally looked at me. "I heard some people do think you did this." She gave me a pointed look. I held my hands up. "You need to cool it on the whole I hate prom thing, at least until everyone has calmed down a bit." 

"I know," I replied. "I'll catch up with you later." I tugged on my camera around my neck and descended the steps. My eyes wandered through the crowd of people until they rested on Jason. I dodged the students running to get outside before break ended and headed towards him. "Hey, Jas." 

"Hey, Em. You heard what happened?" I nodded. "It sucks. All the girls were looking forward to it, you know?" Again, I nodded. "Aren't you a tiny bit disappointed?" 

"Not really. I don't care for it. I'm only going to take pictures for the yearbooks." I fingered the frayed parts of my jumper and looked around. "What happened exactly?" I asked him, still watching girls cry over their ruined prom. 

"Someone broke into the gym closet, it was where everything was stored - the decorations, the lights the tables, everything. They either tore it all up or burned it," he shrugged. "I didn't really hear it properly. Either way, someone destroyed it all." 

"Why would someone do that?" I scrunched my nose up. "Do they think it was someone from this school or another one?" I quickly asked him as the bell rung. 

"No one knows yet. They're going to check the cameras tonight. But I think everyone is blaming another school for this." He shut his locker. "See you later, Em." I waved to him before he disappeared into the sea of students. I quickly searched for Brittany Loft, head cheerleader. Once I found her, I quickly jogged over to her. 

"Hey, Britt. I heard what happened," I put on my best sad face. "Are you okay?" 

"Oh. Hello, Emmery," she gave me a tight lipped smile – Brittany and I weren’t the best of friends... "It's tragic. Everyone is so upset about what happened, we don't even know who did it! The person is getting away with destroying everything that took people weeks to put together!" She wiped under her eye. I tried to remember who the head of the prom committee was. "I mean, when I found out this morning, I had to tell everyone on the dance committee. I had to tell everyone, do you know how hard that was?" I shook my head. "Of course you wouldn't. The most bad news you have to tell people is if the printer has run out of paper." I frowned but didn't say anything. 

"I'm so sorry, Britt, for what happened. Are you going to be able to put everything together on time?" I asked her. She shook her head and looked at me like I was stupid. "What?"