Pologue

• Dedicated to Andrew Carlson<3 - For always being there. Love you, cookie monster!!

 The Ingenious Mr. Baron

This is a story a wrote a while back...hope you enjoy it!! On the song, just thought I'd say, the real REAL song doesn't start until about 1:14. Sorry about that! Its a really pretty song though! My sister plays it on the piano all the time! Enjoy!

Prologue

  Mr. Ernest Baron was an old man that lived in a small town. There weren’t a lot of children in the town. Mr. Baron had originally had two children but the younger of the two, Gregory, was diagnosed with ADHD and very serious lung cancer, which was terrible for the family. The older one is his daughter, Hayden, who was now married and had children.

  Mr. Baron was an imaginative man. He always showed Hayden and Gregory his beautiful creations he’d make in his “Inventing Room”, but Hayden was interested in science more than her father’s artwork. Mr. Baron tried very hard to convince her to become an artist, but she just wasn’t interested.

  Heartbroken, Mr. Baron gave up trying to make his kids believe in becoming artists, because the only thing Gregory payed attention to when his father showed him these things was the curtains and how well they matched the rug

  Sadly, Mr. Baron’s wife, Iviline had died when Hayden was nine years old and when Greg was six. Mr. Baron hadn’t spoken at the funeral and had been sad the rest of the month. Then, he realized Iviline wouldn’t have wanted for him to be sad, she’d have wanted him to be the same man he always had been. The man she fell in love with: a creative and kind man.

  Then, Hayden moved in with her husband, Brad Ralvesport, and Gregory moved to a permanent hospital room with a kind nurse that treated him everyday. Mr. Baron’s children were happy with their new homes. And they both saw Mr. Baron often enough.

  Hayden had three children and they were all very tall, like her, and one of them had naturally curly blonde hair like her, the other two had brunette hair like their father. The oldest was named Adam, his dark hair was swept across the side of his face, which was very popular in his grade at school. His younger sister, Angelina, also had brunette hair. It was long and her hair was thick and she and Adam were both tan with not a lot of freckles. The youngest boy, Matthew, had curly blonde hair and bright green eyes, just like his mother. Hayden had brought up her children as she always wanted to; to teach them to be elegant. She was a microbiologist and wanted her children to be scientists too. Brad worked as an orthodontist, so the kid’s teeth were always pearly white.

  Mr. Baron still visited his children and grandchildren often, but was lonelier than ever. Of course, he had his dog, Beck, who was a well trained Doberman pinscher, but dogs aren’t always the same. He tried to convince Hayden’s children to get into creating things but Adam seemed determined to meteorology, Angelina was interested in biology like her mother, and Matthew was only three, so he couldn’t really be interested in too much. So Mr. Baron didn’t have much of a chance.

Mr. Baron was starting to fear he wouldn’t be able to bring imagination into anyone’s life.