Chapter 15

"Put this there!"

"Fix this frame!"

"Cut this into small pieces!"

"Color this with blue!"

"Sweep the floor!"

"Bring the trash outside!"

"Buy these things!"

"Wash the dishes!"

"Clean the table!"

"Clean my room!"

"Eh? Clean your room? Are you frigging serious?!" I yell at Sam. I'm very annoyed and irritated right now. He is going way over the line. He literally orders me with everything he has to do. He really give 'slave' a whole new definition. Damn him, he's so frustrating! 

"Yes," he answers simply, not even bothering to look up from his stupid videogame. Gosh, I wish I could just kick him right now.

"The hell?" I say, completely dumbfounded. His room is even messier than that searching games online! Not to add that his room is pretty huge.

"What hell? This is your payment. No complaints," he tells me nonchalantly.

"What the? I'm not doing it! You jerk!" I storm out of the sala. Huh. I don't care anymore. I am not doing it. It is my first day for the job. And already I've done a ton of things for him.

 I grudgingly sit on the kitchen stair. Listening to the sound of guns firing from Sam's videogame. He didn't even move an inch from his slouching position. Seriously? What. Is. He?!

Grabbing a glass of cold water, I proceed to my room and block out all of my unnecessary thoughts by playing music on my phone. I spent a little of my savings for a phone and well, I made it sure that I get songs inside it too. It is not much but it at least it has 4 gigabyte capacity.

I turn on the shuffle playlist and then crank up the volume. Aunt Filarme and Uncle Berth is not here, they both work and will be back at 7.  I almost laughed evilly when saw that the song completely describes Sam. It is Shedaisy's Get Over Yourself.

Feeling smug, I lay at my bed. There are no homeworks to finish today and I'm tired. So I decide to take a nap. However, I did not even fully close my eyes when Sam came barreling at my door.

"Turn that off!" he yells. I laugh out loud and ignore him. Okay? He is rude to me? I'll be downright mean to him. 

He opens the door forcefully. I continue to act like I am sleeping but when the chorus came, I sing so loud at his face.

"Get out of my air, get off my cloud 

Get out of my hair, get off of my couch 

Let me give you a tip, get out of my sight 

Get off of your knees, get out of my face.

Get out of my sleep, get out of my space 

How long do I have to show and tell, scream and yell 

Get Over Yourself!"

And then huff back to my bed. I don't understand this, why am I being so sensitive? And I acted such a brat too. Huh. Whatever. I look at Sam after a minute.

His look is priceless! I couldn't stop from laughing. His eyes are bulged and his mouth is gaping wide.

"Oh my!" I say, clutching my stomach. He really looks funny. Like he didn't expect my outburst. Of course, I mean who would expect me to do that anyway? I should surprise him more often.

"D-did you just do that?" he asks. He drops the funny face and glares at me.

"Yes. You should've seen your face!" I laugh again.

Then the song by Shedaisy ended and Hope and Jason Mraz's 'Love Love Love' blares out of the speaker I plugged on my phone.

I abruptly stop laughing. Silence stretched between us as the song kept on playing. The atmosphere inside my room just turned hella awkward. When Jason's part is playing, Sam speaks up

"Uh, Just turn the damn thing off."

"Oh. Right," I say then quickly followed his order. I mean I wasn't about to complain, the song is getting on my nerves at the moment too. Don't get me wrong, I love the song. I really do but it chose the wrong time to come playing on the speaker

I turn the phone off then look expectantly at Sam. He was here for a reason right? When after ten seconds and he doesn't say anything, I ask

"Err, what?"

"Nothing. If you're going to play a love song, keep it to yourself." he looks away and then leaves the room, gently closing the door. His ears are so red but I know my cheeks are worse.

Recovering, I get my headphone and plug it in the phone. Taylor Swift's Love Story is playing.

"Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone.

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run.

You'll be the prince, and i'll be the princess,

It's a love story. Baby just say y-."

I tun the phone off and remove the headphones. I drop them on the couch across me, trying to get it as far as it can get from me.

Is every song in my playlist love song?! Gosh. I hate this. I go back to my bed when I notice the mirror staring at me.

"Hey, you silly girl. Stop having awkward moments with that jerk. Okay?" I scoff and roll my eyes still in front the mirror. "Love Love Love and Love Story, seriously?" I continue my rant but then the door opens.

Sam looks curiously at me and then laughs his head off.

"Were you just talking by yourself?" he chuckles.

"Shut up. Why are you here?" I snap.

"Oh. Uh, nothing. I'll go," he clams up and then hurries to close the door. I look at the door unbelievingly and then stare back at the mirror.

"Ahh! You're annoying!" I complain at my reflection.

"Stop talking at the mirror and clean my room!" Sam yells from outside followed by a maniacal laugh. He was listening?

What the hell.